★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The ultimate racing advantage is now at your fingertips! Grab this Collectors Edition of Sky Pirates Racing and fly with the best gear, the coolest characters and a ton of power-ups!

Supported Devices: iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 5th Gen, iPad with Retina display, iPad 2, iPad Mini

Soar, dive and glide your way through magical lands in this fun, fast-paced multiplayer game that takes kart racing to the skies. Challenge your friends and show them whos the fastest of them all!

COLLECTORS EDITION BONUSES
50,000 crystals (over $25 value) that you can spend on costumes, Glidewing parts, and power-ups!
Access to all 15 characters, including those locked in the regular edition. Bring new characters to the race and be the envy of your friends!
FEATURES AND GAMEPLAY
Race with up to five of your friends in real time.
Simple controls and quick, adrenaline-pumping races make this the ultimate pick-up-and-play game.
Customize your Glidewing; choose from a wide line-up of riders.
Create your own character from hundreds of different costume choices.
Compete against your friends for bonuses and bragging rights.
Use any of 6 magic crystal power-ups to boost your Glidewing or slow your rivals down.

KiddToKmart's comments:

YouTube: video
02-10-2013, 12:25 AM
The graphics look fantastic but hesitant to try it, due to mixed reviews/impressions on the non-CE version released last year.

Price seems pretty steep as well! Anyone up to toftt?

Gamecenter: KineticBlur
Now Playing (iOS): Hearthstone, Battleheart: Legacy
Now Playing (PS4): Watch Dogs

02-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Hmmm! It does look rad.... I might do it.. Nah. Just saw it for Android and it's free. Gonna get it for my phone instead.

Last edited by bigrand1; 02-10-2013 at 12:06 PM.
02-10-2013, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Hmmm! It does look rad.... I might do it.. Nah. Just saw it for Android and it's free. Gonna get it for my phone instead.
It's available for free on iOS, too – this version just comes with all the characters unlocked as well as a ton of currency. It looks great, and it seems to have plenty of depth (of the freemium variety, I guess), but the framerate on my iPhone 5 is terrible. Didn't make it past the first race, sadly.
02-10-2013, 12:19 PM
Look at the screen clutter o_O
02-10-2013, 01:28 PM
I tried the free version and it sucks.

The frame rate is unbearable...and that's on an ipad 4, go figure.
02-12-2013, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorsound View Post
I tried the free version and it sucks.

The frame rate is unbearable...and that's on an ipad 4, go figure.
With all the negativity, i'm really surprised how this managed to snag Pocketgamer's GotW?

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhon...ws.asp?c=48506

Youtube link | Pop Up

:/

Gamecenter: KineticBlur
Now Playing (iOS): Hearthstone, Battleheart: Legacy
Now Playing (PS4): Watch Dogs

Last edited by KiddToKmart; 02-12-2013 at 09:26 AM.
02-25-2013, 01:14 AM
Feedback

Hi Guys thanks for the comments about the game.

Framerate: The game is very playable on
Iphone 4S, 5, Ipod Touch 5, Ipad 2, 3, 4

On the Iphone 4 and Ipod Touch 4 you are going to see some drops to 20 fps.

colorsound if you can send me your UDID I can test flight you a build with debug information so you can help me find out what is wrong.

JBRUU - what screen clutter? We tried to keep the menu as minimalist as possible. In game you need the weapons on screen to fire. Please clarify.

If you guys find anything wrong with the game email me at Bugs@fathom-i.com - I would love to fix them and make sure that the gaming experience is as good as possible.

Thanks
Sean
02-25-2013, 01:19 AM
Hey Sean,what's the difference between the paid and free version??
02-25-2013, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_megaw View Post
Hi Guys thanks for the comments about the game.

Framerate: The game is very playable on
Iphone 4S, 5, Ipod Touch 5, Ipad 2, 3, 4

On the Iphone 4 and Ipod Touch 4 you are going to see some drops to 20 fps.

colorsound if you can send me your UDID I can test flight you a build with debug information so you can help me find out what is wrong.

JBRUU - what screen clutter? We tried to keep the menu as minimalist as possible. In game you need the weapons on screen to fire. Please clarify.

If you guys find anything wrong with the game email me at Bugs@fathom-i.com - I would love to fix them and make sure that the gaming experience is as good as possible.

Thanks
Sean
This is simply not true. On an iPhone 5 I get consistently around 20 FPS and noticeable screen stutter. Not enjoyable by any measure.