★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iOS 6 - pretty safe to upgrade now with game compatibility?

02-10-2013, 01:47 PM
#1
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,253
iOS 6 - pretty safe to upgrade now with game compatibility?

I've been on 5.1.1 for a long time now and have put off upgrading due to potential game issues. But there's been a few games now requiring 6.0.

So those of you who have 6.0 are there very many (or any games) you are having issues with because the games haven't been updated for any problems caused?
02-10-2013, 01:55 PM
#2
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,082
Someone looks paranoid...

02-10-2013, 01:56 PM
#3
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
I've been on 5.1.1 for a long time now and have put off upgrading due to potential game issues. But there's been a few games now requiring 6.0.

So those of you who have 6.0 are there very many (or any games) you are having issues with because the games haven't been updated for any problems caused?
No. It was mostly iOS 5 that caused the problems.

Like DH2 with no sound.
02-10-2013, 02:06 PM
#4
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
No. It was mostly iOS 5 that caused the problems.

Like DH2 with no sound.
Thanks. I know others, think even Syntheticvoid is still on 5.1.1, and usually wait for any potential bugs to be worked out before upgrading.
02-10-2013, 02:07 PM
#5
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primoz View Post
Someone looks paranoid...
Paranoid? LOL. Looks like you're on 4.x (unless you haven't updated your profile).
02-10-2013, 02:58 PM
#6
Joined: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Thanks. I know others, think even Syntheticvoid is still on 5.1.1, and usually wait for any potential bugs to be worked out before upgrading.
You should upgrade. Think there were about 5 games that I cared about that didn't work with ios 6, 3 got fixed in updates. So very very few problems.

Plus a lot of games need ios 6 now. Also, ios 6.1 should speed up all your high end gamez. I know it did for me, was amazing how a lot of the high end games had better framerates.

So I highly recommend upgrading.
02-10-2013, 03:04 PM
#7
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Paranoid? LOL. Looks like you're on 4.x (unless you haven't updated your profile).
Yes, I still have iOS 4
But not because I'm paranoid (like you are), but because I require a jailbroken & unlocked phone. I was planning on upgrading the iOS several times, but was to lazy to do so. Now that lots of games require iOS 6 already, I'll update the iOS next week (hopefully).
02-10-2013, 07:35 PM
#8
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,358
My 3GS went nuts a few days after going 6.1 and kept spamming with charging device unsupported alerts, loss of selected sound effects and got very hot. Didn't have any issues with 6.0.x previously...

Last edited by iPadisGreat; 02-10-2013 at 11:46 PM.
02-10-2013, 07:50 PM
#9
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,336
No issues with 6.1 on 3GS. Except it's just really slow in most aspects. Don't remember if things were smoother on 5 tho. Don't listen to connector, you can't compare an iPad 3 with a 3GS obviously. Anyway, if your worried about bugs, don't be.

Soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/chris1a-1
Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG
02-10-2013, 08:03 PM
#10
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Planet 10 (by way of the 8th dimension)
Posts: 6,857
Your purchased cloud on your phone will be broken. That's about it.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80