★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Canvas
  • Genre:
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 17.1 MB
  • Version: 3.0.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Unleash your creativity with DrawQuestnow available for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad! Join people of all ages coming together to complete daily drawing promptsor "Quests"that are sure to tap into your creative side.

Here are some examples:

* Create your own superhero
* Draw your dream from last night
* Give the turkey some feathers for Thanksgiving

Have your own idea for a Quest? Create your own and invite your friends to draw with you!

Here's what else you'll find inside DrawQuest:

* Fun, easy-to-use drawing tool
* Follow and be followed by a community of drawers
* Watch stroke-by-stroke replays of other drawings
* Star and share drawings with your friends

Follow us on Facebook (fb.com/drawquest) and Twitter (@DrawQuest) for the latest news and our favorite drawings!

Remember, DrawQuest is all about using your imagination and having funthere are no right or wrong answers when you draw!
02-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Wish it was universal
02-12-2013, 09:35 PM
I'm liking it! Fun to do the challenges, and fun to browse what others have done.

As for IAP... my coins are increasing on their own, and I haven't found where to spend them! They've kept the IAP maybe a little TOO out of the way.

I'm led to believe you can buy more colors (single-use? forever?) but the default palette has the basics. Maybe you can only spend coins WHILE you're drawing? I'll try to remember to check next time.

(Universal would be neat--I guess they'd have to add pinch zoom to make the small format work.)

Morgan Adams (GameCenter: Adams Immersive)
My upcoming first game: Scree (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
Stop making lists. Grids are better: DotSpace (Forum thread)
11-07-2014, 03:02 PM
Wow--half a year later and I must have been the only one here who liked this It was fun while it lasted.

Anyway--I wanted to give kudos for great service from this developer. They were hacked and could not afford to repair the problem, and so the game was shut down. Very sad. But months later, every DrawQuest user seems to have just received an email with a personalized link to download a zip of the artwork you had created!

THAT is above and beyond the call of duty--and since people do care about creative stuff, even in a "game/toy" situation, it's a very welcome move. Hope it didn't cost them too much!

I hope DrawQuest comes back--the idea was simple and fun. That doesn't seem to be in the cards, though.

In parting I will post my favorite creation from the app. (Each day there was an "assignment" which had a few things already drawn--like the audience in this image. I think this assignment was a question like "What movie are they watching?")
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	95891419581444360c2033a68e386cfbaaf8ca17.png
Views:	1
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	80393  

Morgan Adams (GameCenter: Adams Immersive)
My upcoming first game: Scree (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
Stop making lists. Grids are better: DotSpace (Forum thread)