Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 01:36 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Kingturn - SRPG by Mangobile

Update: Kingturn is scheduled for release April 12, 2013. Also Knighturn and Sword & Earrings (Sw&Ear) are back on App Store (at least for now).

Apparently there is a chance that Kingturn [Developer webpage link], a strategy RPG currently on Google Play, will be ported to iOS.

Gameplay Video

Youtube link | Pop Up

From developer, Mangobile who also made Knighturn and Sword & Earrings, on 02/07/13:
Quote:
...There is actually a chance that we will publish Kingturn on iOS within the next two or three months. For our future games we want to switch to Unity, a 3D engine that supports almost all platforms out there and drastically reduces required effort for porting. Right now we are porting Kingturn to the Unity3D engine, mainly in order to get familiar with the system.

As a ‘by-product’, Kingturn should be fully compatible with iOS then.
So if we don’t run in any iOS specific problems, we will quite likely publish Kingturn on iOS as well... that there is no guarantee that we will publish Kingturn on iOS. But if we do so, it won’t be a half-hearted version, so you can expect the same quality as on Android.
Game Description:
Quote:
The young mage and scholar Nicolette becomes the new ruler of the earldom of Montbelliard after her lord-father has passed away peacefully.
Having not come of age, yet, Nicolette finds herself unprepared for the games of power played by the other noble houses. Surrounded by enemies and with the prospect of marrying an unknown noble for political reasons only, her fate takes its course ...

The turn-based strategy game Kingturn RPG comprises:
•Intrigues, conspiracy and romance in a compelling medieval fantasy story
•Many hours of addictive and challenging game play in 67 story scenarios
•A skirmish campaign with many additional scenarios
•30 character classes like Knight, Archer, Mage, Paladin, Assassin, Warrior, Wolf Rider, Priest, Summoner, Trickster, Witch, Necromancer, Vampire, Ghost, Griffin ...
•60 character skills like 'Heal', 'Stealth', 'Lighning Bolt', 'Living Bomb', 'Inferno', 'Whirlwind', 'Summon', 'Drain Life', 'Blood Bolt', 'Firestorm', 'Spin Attack', 'Arrow Hail', ...
•More than 700 equipable items (weapons, armor, amulets, rings)
•Battle drops, treasure chests, and scenario rewards
•Conquer outposts and face a challenging enemy AI (Artificial Intelligence)
•Level up an army which is carried over from scenario to scenario
I considered Knighturn and Sword & Earrings (since removed but possible to return) to be some of the best SRPG games on iOS so if Knighturn shows up it'd be my opinion to be the holy grail of iOS SRPG gaming.

Last edited by undeadcow; 04-04-2013 at 12:16 PM..
Old 02-12-2013, 05:27 PM

Here is to hoping that they do bring it over! As well as the remake of Swords and Earrings which, as far as I understand they also did/doing? Knigtturn is/was a very good game indeed.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:28 PM

The developer updated their website, http://www.mangobile.com/blog/, with good news indicating movement towards an iOS Kingturn release.

Quote:
During the past months we have been very busy with porting Kingturn from our own engine to the Unity 3D engine... The first ones to benefit from our recent work are iOS users (quite likely we will publish an iOS version of Kingturn very soon).
Thanks to Marcus70 for the heads up
Old 04-02-2013, 05:05 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Default Kingturn iOS release on April 12

[QUOTE=undeadcow;2743118]The developer updated their website, http://www.mangobile.com/blog/, with good news indicating movement towards an iOS Kingturn release.

Thanks a lot for your Kingturn thread, undeadcow.
Your ongoing support and interest in our games is very much appreciated.
The same goes for Marcus70, of course.

Besides, I really like the idea of leaving the advertising to our customers, so we can focus on creating the best games we possibly can .
But seriously now ...

I have the pleasure to announce that Kingturn RPG will be published for iOS on April 12.
Kingturn RPG supports all iOS devices running iOS 4.3 and above, with an ARMv7 processor as additional minimum requirement
(so basically the only devices not supported in general are: iPhone 1st gen, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 1st/2nd gen).

Unlike its Android counterpart, there won't be a lite / demo version for iOS.
Kingturn RPG will be published as a free app for iOS, with all 6 Prologue scenarios free to play.
Both main campaign and skirmish campaign (together more than 80 scenarios) can be unlocked with a single, one-time inapp-purchase.

We tried to get as close as possible to the pricing model offered on Google Play for the Android version.
This is a little tricky, though, since Apple's app pricing model is based on tiers, so we have no influence on currency conversion rates and prices on non-US markets.
Anyway, the closest thing to our price model for Android seems to be Apple's tier 5, which translates to a price of $4.99 for the US version, for example.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niebau View Post
I have the pleasure to announce that Kingturn RPG will be published for iOS on April 12.... a price of $4.99 for the US version...
Great news! Day one purchase here; $4.99 is a steal for 67 scenarios incorporating 30 character classes with 700 items not counting a skirmish system. App Store is sorely in need of a quality SRPG with that level of depth. Hopefully some other forum regulars and the iOS community take notice. The 4.8/5 rating on Android store suggest Kingturn will be great. I am looking forward to the engine improvements including "smarter and meaner" enemies than those featured in Knighturn/Sw&Ear, adjustable difficulty (rare for iOS SRPGs), elite units, and legendary items.

April 12th can't come soon enough.

Last edited by undeadcow; 04-02-2013 at 09:29 AM..
Old 04-02-2013, 10:44 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Great news! Day one purchase here; $4.99 is a steal for 67 scenarios incorporating 30 character classes with 700 items not counting a skirmish system. App Store is sorely in need of a quality SRPG with that level of depth. Hopefully some other forum regulars and the iOS community take notice. The 4.8/5 rating on Android store suggest Kingturn will be great. I am looking forward to the engine improvements including "smarter and meaner" enemies than those featured in Knighturn/Sw&Ear, adjustable difficulty (rare for iOS SRPGs), elite units, and legendary items.

April 12th can't come soon enough.
Agree completely. I had hours and hours of fun out of the original Knighturn and Sw&Ear and am really looking forward to the new version. I am sure it will be another classic TBS and can only hope that Mangobile get the success they deserve - we need developers like this on iOS.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:10 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

WOoT!

Loved the first two, can't wait to get this one as well. Been telling all of my android friends to pick it up, so glad that I get to experience it as well now!!!
Made my whole week. Come on April 12
Old 04-03-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekanikal fiend View Post
...Been telling all of my android friends to pick it up, so glad that I get to experience it as well now!!!...
It has been strange to sit around envious of Android users with access to Kingturn; compounded when they're got such enthusiastic things to say about it.

From Google Play reviews:
Quote:
I absolutely love this game... I spend hours playing them, leveling up my troops, find the new mercenaries to join me, equipping new items all of the time, and training my units. The AI in this game is just awesome and I find it to be very challenging ...it makes the game more fun when you have to actually think...
Quote:
Simply fantastic. You'll fall in love with it. Way better than anything I've played so far on Android. It has all you want from an RPG: tons of content, brilliant tactical opportunities, a decent storyline. Great value for money
Quote:
The degree of thought you use in taking down targets, capturing barracks,inventory management, and the skills for each character. Good storyline this far...

Last edited by undeadcow; 04-03-2013 at 09:26 AM..
Old 04-03-2013, 10:01 AM
iPad

I got Kingturn for my Android phone (one of the few Android games I've bought) but can't really get into playing it on the small screen. I don't have an Android tablet. So looking forward to the iPad version.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:26 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ View Post
I got Kingturn for my Android phone (one of the few Android games I've bought) but can't really get into playing it on the small screen. I don't have an Android tablet. So looking forward to the iPad version.
Kingturn scales on the iPad, instead of 2x mode of the previous releases, and looks great. Since Kingturn has a +/- zoom function it's much easier on the eyes on the iPhone too.

Closed Thread