★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Feverishly blast through a hostile planet packed with blood-sucking aliens in CAPSIZED+, an action-packed survival shooter.

GLOWING REVIEWS of the original Capsized:

- A modern original with a nearly pitch-perfect blend of combat and exploration that is as beautiful as it is exhilarating. GameShark

- [M]ore fun, charm and entertainment than a game ten times its size. - IGN

- Eye-catching. GameSpot

- A progressive return to gamings adventuring roots. Edge Magazine

You are a marooned space traveler whose ship has crash landed on a mysterious alien planet and must navigate through beautiful but perilous environments while fighting bloodthirsty creatures to save your crewmates and escape with your lives.

Use a grappling hook, jet pack, high-tech weapons and awesome powerups create friggin black holes! - to fight through non-linear levels set in explorable, hostile environments.

CAPSIZED+ INCLUDES:

- Campaign Mode: Test your mettle in thirteen levels with lush and varied terrains.
- Three Arcade Modes: Fight endless waves of enemies in Survival Mode, grab oxygen to survive Last Gasp Challenges or test your survival skills in the weapons-free Armless Mode.
- GameCenter Achievements: Prove your intergalactic survival skills by earning all twelve achievements.
- Lush Environments Enjoy strange and amazing landscapes illustrated in a unique, hand-drawn style. Check out the screen shots.
- Intense Gameplay Test your constitution with more than twenty hours of heart-throbbing, thumb-busting action.

goiMot's comments:

XBLA version:

02-12-2013, 10:29 PM
8/10 from GameSpot, 8.5/10 from IGN. Nice!

*sigh* My poor, poor wallet.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

02-12-2013, 10:52 PM
I feel like I've asked this one hundred times in the last month so sorry guys but.... any plans to bring this to iPhone 5?

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
02-12-2013, 11:29 PM
Fantastic on PC. If the iPad conversion is anywhere near decent then this is highly recommended.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
02-12-2013, 11:43 PM
Appears to be loaded with IAP. I'm trying to see how much the highest pack of...whatever...costs, but yeah, I'm quite surprised.
02-12-2013, 11:50 PM
It's great on PC, a little shocked to hear it's IAP ladened. Otherwise, like Strive said, it's a game to own and play.
02-13-2013, 12:41 AM
I'm not really sure what to make of this right now.

You've got what seems like a terrific game with insanely complicated controls that just seem to work flawlessly on a touchscreen, long non-linear levels, tons of content, different modes, etc., but then there's a store icon or the word "Store" on every single menu page, it takes you to the store once completing a level, there are 2 currency thingi doublers (which when both purchased give you x20 the amount of...Christ...whatever it's called) and multiple purchasable packs.

Then again I'm still too early in so I'm not entirely sure the IAPs are necessary, but it's just so odd seeing all this in what's essentially an adventure game first and foremost. I get the whole thing with endless runners, but sheesh. :/ Oh well, I'll keep at it.

I really hope someone else checks this out and leaves feedback.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
02-13-2013, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
I'm not really sure what to make of this right now.

You've got what seems like a terrific game with insanely complicated controls that just seem to work flawlessly on a touchscreen, long non-linear levels, tons of content, different modes, etc., but then there's a store icon or the word "Store" on every single menu page, it takes you to the store once completing a level, there are 2 currency thingi doublers (which when both purchased give you x20 the amount of...Christ...whatever it's called) and multiple purchasable packs.

Then again I'm still too early in so I'm not entirely sure the IAPs are necessary, but it's just so odd seeing all this in what's essentially an adventure game first and foremost. I get the whole thing with endless runners, but sheesh. :/ Oh well, I'll keep at it.

I really hope someone else checks this out and leaves feedback.
I always wanted to try that game on pc. I'll download it too! Just hope those pesky IAPs will stay out of the way...
02-13-2013, 04:04 AM
I've only ever played the PC version and it was alright, nothing groundbreaking but fairly decent. I guess a lot would depend on controls.
02-13-2013, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Appears to be loaded with IAP. I'm trying to see how much the highest pack of...whatever...costs, but yeah, I'm quite surprised.
Oh I'll hold off until you give your verdict on those.