App description: One small block for man, one giant rock for mankind.

ROCK IT FROM YOUR COCKPIT

Take command of the space ship destined to save the free world for the onslaught on the alien invasion and the asteroids that vowed to support them!

RETRO REVIVAL FROM EVERPLAY

Rock Blocker is the first in the 'Retro Revival' series from Everplay. We are bringing all new style to some classic games!

MULTIPLE GAMEMODE MAYHEM

Along with a campaign styled main gameplay mode, you'll have endless modes and challenge modes to whet your whistle, whatever that means.

SAME DEVICE MULTIPLAYER

Up for a quick party game with a buddy? Try out the same device multiplayer and compete for the high score!

Follow us on twitter @EverplayGames for up to date information on new games, updates, and more!

Everplay's comments:
Hey there! We are hard at work on Ace of Blades, but we have taken on another smaller project in the mean time as part of our "retro revival" series.

Rock Blocker is a modern take on the retro space shooter, similar to Asteroids but with a large dose of modern mechanisms, multiple game modes, control options, and awesome music!

Release Date: Early February

Price: Free at Launch for 1 or 2 days then $.99

IAP?: Yes. We know IAP is a touchy point, but its simply to upgrade your ship quicker. This game is designed to be VERY hardcore/challenging. Everything is available without spending ANYTHING on IAP. Its simply an extra option to those who want it.

Here is a goofy somewhat fan made teaser trailer:

02-13-2013, 11:08 PM
This is a nice surprise! Looking forward to Ace of Blades, but this will be a fun diversion in the meantime.

02-14-2013, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
This is a nice surprise! Looking forward to Ace of Blades, but this will be a fun diversion in the meantime.
Yep!

In case anyone missed it, its FREE for now, until this weekend.
02-14-2013, 02:02 AM
cool gift... Everplay, i still cant forget you gave me Spellsword for a birthday present, and it ended up being one of my favorite games. Looking forward to Ace of Blades too!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
02-14-2013, 03:25 AM
Everplay, even though I've never really crossed the verbal line and have always shown respect to you despite conflicting...whatever...in the past, I have been one of the vocal members of the TA forum when it came to converting some of your games' pricing models/introducing IAPs, etc. I believe it was in the Ace of Blades thread that you said that you've learnt from your experiences and have grown as developers...right? You weren't kidding. I have so much respect for you right now. This game is a testament to those strong words.

Put aside the fact that you've launched this for free (thank you, thank you...way too generous ), there was nothing that led to preconceived notions from us customers, you've been completely upfront about the IAPs in this game right from the get-go, the game is incredibly generous and balanced incredibly well (unless you want to support the devs, you'll never need IAP. Unless you're just horrible at the game), there are no ridiculous $100 IAPs (the highest one is $2.99) and the game? A joy to play. An absolute joy. I don't know where to start. The controls are bloody fantastic, the visuals just reek of my childhood and damn it...the music, the music, the music! *drools*

I know this is meant to be a "smaller" project, but wow...what an impact, IMO. This is how you earn respect.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
02-14-2013, 04:46 AM
Crashes almost immediately upon tapping icon, both on my iPad 2 and iPhone 4S. Both 5.1.1.
02-14-2013, 06:19 AM
Nice game, I'm enjoying it although when I take a look at the leaderboard it tells me that I'm very bad at it.

Game Center: sink_or_swim
02-14-2013, 06:49 AM
Game Impressions

HD Gameplay Trailer added.

Last edited by Sanuku; 02-16-2013 at 02:00 AM.
02-14-2013, 07:21 AM
Good game very fun (Love the Retro look)

Anticipating:"Death Road to Canada", "Implosion", "Don Paccin","Space Noir", "Zed", "Rex Rocket", "Supermassive", "Sproggiwood", "Arecibo Man", "Gekido", "Trail by Viking, "Crashlands", "Eisenhorn", "The Soul".
02-14-2013, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
cool gift... Everplay, i still cant forget you gave me Spellsword for a birthday present, and it ended up being one of my favorite games. Looking forward to Ace of Blades too!
Well, Everplay screwed up my paid version of Spellsword...and Pinch Peeps.

Until they learn how to treat paying customers, I'll be damned if I contribute to their download rank.