★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: FRIENDLY, SMART, and ENTERTAINING - FLY THE JET BOOT RAGDOLL INTO BUBBLES AND SAVE THE RAGDOLLS!

Help Charlie rescue his ragdoll buddies in Ragdoll Charlie, an amazing flying and physics based game. Have lots of fun with Ragdoll Charlie, which is a cool, friendly, and non-violent game.

Sling ragdoll Charlie up to activate his rocket boots and make him shoot up like a jet! Maneuver him as you boost into the sky by tilting your device left and right, making sure to pop as many bubbles as you can! Pop enough of them to rescue Charlie's friends, but watch out for meteorites, sticky spinners, and chasing birds that will get in your way!

Enjoy the cool an exciting power-ups like the coin magnet and invincibility, or awesome new suits like the robot and superhero outfits! Featuring amazing graphics and sound, hilarious rag doll physics, and challenging gameplay that's easy to pick up yet very rewarding, you'll be flinging Charlie into the sky for hours on end...for FREE!

Key Features:
-Awesome physics - with friendly and simple controls!
-Charming characters and backgrounds set in beautiful graphics!
-Plenty of cool power-ups and suits to use and wear!
-Fun yet challenging obstacles to keep you on your toes!
-Cool and easy gameplay system that makes playing lots of fun!
-No need to jump, flying can be as cool as jumping
-Game Center support!

plungeint's comments:
Hi,

I have recently published a game to the app store called "ragdoll charlie". It's a vertical scroller with "real physics", the character behaves like a "real" ragdoll. So that's the main innovation of this game.

The game has its point of addictivity I think, but it doesn't has many downloads, even while it's free. I'd like to ask you guys if you could give me some advises because this is my first "serious" game published on iOS.

-Maybe the game is not fun enough?
-Maybe is just that I'm not promoting it well?

Maybe you, that have much more experience on the platform, could give me some advises, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Link to app store (free):
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/580221117/id580221117

This is an screenshot of the game.
02-14-2013, 04:02 AM
Judging from the screenshots it looks nice.. downloading now

Game Center: sink_or_swim

02-14-2013, 04:16 AM
would love to give it a try but when I tap Play I see the loading screen for 30seconds and then the game crashes.

02-14-2013, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
would love to give it a try but when I tap Play I see the loading screen for 30seconds and then the game crashes.
I've discovered that there is a bug on iPad1, iPad2, iPhone 4S and iPod touch... I've submitted an update to apple store last Monday, I hope they approve it soon

thanks
02-14-2013, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plungeint View Post
I've discovered that there is a bug on iPad1, iPad2, iPhone 4S and iPod touch... I've submitted an update to apple store last Monday, I hope they approve it soon

thanks
I play it on a iPhone 4

02-14-2013, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
I play it on a iPhone 4
mmm so strange, it works fine on my iphone 4
02-20-2013, 06:48 AM
we have just released an update, so the game should work on all devices now. Can you give me confirmation please?

Jess Bosch
PLUNGE INTERACTIVE
Icontest: guess the icons words game released! Icontest