Old 02-14-2013, 11:51 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Breach & Clear - Coming Spring 2013

www.breachandclear.com
www.facebook.com/breachandclear
www.twitter.com/BreachClearGame
forum.breachandclear.com

Howdy all!

I'm Ben, and I'm a producer for Breach & Clear with Gun Media, as well as the game's community manager!

I'm here to talk to all of you about our game, as well as address any concerns or questions you might have.

We're quite stoked to be working with ex-Call of Duty Creative Strategist Robert Bowling as well as Mighty Rabbit Studios. The combined talent at this team has been an immense experience, and we hope that our game is something you all will enjoy.

Now that I have that out of the way, I want you guys to know that I'm here to be frank with you and to have a conversation with you about our game as well as tell you our approach and why we're going free to play.

I'm here for you guys, and I can't wait to show you more about this game.

Look forward to seeing you all around!

Last edited by ThePraetorian; 02-14-2013 at 11:58 AM..
Old 02-14-2013, 12:06 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

So judging by the pic,is this a tbs like xcom??
Old 02-14-2013, 12:16 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Hi Alister,

I can tell you that this game is a hybrid of the strategy and tactical genres. We've done something that is quite unique in play style. If you are a fan of those kinds of games, you'll feel right at home with ours. Seriously, it's quite an interesting little system we've come up with!

When it comes to gameplay of our title right now, we're keeping that close to the chest right I'm afraid. We want the reveal to be something special for everyone .

Last edited by ThePraetorian; 02-14-2013 at 12:19 PM..
Old 02-14-2013, 12:28 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Wow that sounds awesome..Btw anytime you guys are ready to make a statement about your F2P model pls. do so,because a lot of people here will be curious about that,hehe..That includes me also ..
Old 02-14-2013, 12:34 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Directly from our Forums:

Quote:
The 'Free-to-Play' Methodology

Let's be honest; there is no such animal as a free-to-play game on this scale. Don't get us wrong, you can play this game without paying a cent. Heck, we've designed the game so that no single purchase can give you an advantage over the game in a way that breaks things. So what is all the hoopla here about what makes this game tick?

It's simple really, we believe that every single person that picks this game up and plays is a customer, regardless of whether or not they pay into the game. We're going to offer a whole lot of content for free, and we'll make this game as fun as possible, without sacrificing game design and gamer aspects that entice us all to play. After all, every single person on this team is a gamer.

We've spent a lot of time (long, long hours of discussion and discourse throughout the team) wondering how to create a game like this, and many of us believe that honesty, engagement and balancing are what's important. We're going to offer things for you to buy, we're going to have cool upgrades that will be paid, and we will highlight these buttons, we're a business after all.

But deep down when you strip away the shiny levels, the cool gear and all the upgrades, this is a game that takes design as paramount over everything else.

Each item paid for won't create an imbalance, but it will allow you to see what the game can do when you have all the fun toys available at your disposal. We don't have a gate that forces you to tell your friends about our game, we don't have a limit that cuts you off in the middle of your fun. We'll offer that kind of service organically.
I hope that answers a few questions on why we chose free-to-play over traditional payment methods!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePraetorian View Post
Hi Alister,

I can tell you that this game is a hybrid of the strategy and tactical genres. We've done something that is quite unique in play style.
Sold. Put in on Kickstarter and I`ll throwing money at you like there would be no tomorrow.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:38 PM

Deleted... Suddenly dont feel like arguing.

Last edited by PureRumble; 02-14-2013 at 12:41 PM..
Old 02-14-2013, 12:49 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Sold. Put in on Kickstarter and I`ll throwing money at you like there would be no tomorrow.
No need for Kickstarter my friend. We're launching Spring this year!
Old 02-14-2013, 01:20 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Hi - just wanted to chime and say that everyone at Mighty Rabbit Studios is excited to be working on this game! Don't direct any questions at me because I totally won't answer anything.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:41 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

This will probably be the only game I will ever like in this strategy type category, can't wait!

Closed Thread