Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-15-2013, 02:04 AM
Vovin Vovin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,044
Default RPG Aeon Avenger (JRPG by Kemco / Kotobuki) - $2.99 intro sale!





Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up


New Kemco RPG? Instabuy, as always.

Bit system sounds nice!

The android version has an average score of 4 stars on Google Play.

Last edited by Echoseven; 02-18-2013 at 11:13 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-15-2013, 02:16 AM
L.Lawliet L.Lawliet is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,529
Default

Hmm I'd love to hear some impressions on this. I've somehow never been too attracted to the Kemco games but this time travel thing as me interested.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-15-2013, 02:17 AM
krautboy krautboy is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post



New Kemco RPG? Instabuy, as always.

Bit system sounds nice!

The android version has an average score of 4 stars on Google Play.
Pretty sweet! And....universal. A first time for a kemco game.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-15-2013, 03:54 AM
Exact-Psience Exact-Psience is online now
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 15,132
Default

Sunuvaaaa! This is a great surprise!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-15-2013, 06:00 AM
Vovin Vovin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,044
Default

Well, after my first minutes with this game:

it has the usual Kemco quality, tho the game concentrates less on exploration and puzzles this time and is more focused on combats. Not neccessarily a bad thing.
I assume that there will be more puzzles when you start jumping though the epochs.
It's also a nice take on the time travel formula and doesn't copy Chrono Trigger, as far as I can see. It only has a few similiarities, like picking up characters from other ages. And it is a full-fledged JRPG, not an ARPG or KRPG.
The Bit system is fun and can get quite complex later, I guess. Like that job system im Dark Gate.

This time, I really like the characters. Design and behaviour of them is well-thought.

Last edited by Vovin; 02-15-2013 at 06:06 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-15-2013, 06:18 AM
Exact-Psience Exact-Psience is online now
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 15,132
Default

Smehow this one felt a little too generic to me. Dark Gate is my favorite Kemco RPG, and i think Aeon Avenger is a step back from it.

Nonetheless, it's still pretty good, and still a strong title from Kemco.

For Aeon Avenger, this is the first Kemco game i played on the ipad mini and the framerate is a little on the low. Never felt like it was like this on other Kemco games when playing on the 4S. Anyone else think that on ipads the framerate's kinda sluggish?

One negative i find on Kemco games in general are the lack of more flexible control options, but the ones they have on their games are ok and doesnt make them unplayable.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-15-2013, 06:49 AM
syntheticvoid syntheticvoid is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 12,825
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Default

Just saw this when i woke up...

Havent checked on it yet, but it is universal! Not widescreen supported, but at least theyre finally on their way! =oD


**edit** oh holy crap it is widescreen supported... Wonder why it doesnt say that in itunes...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-15-2013, 06:58 AM
krautboy krautboy is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Smehow this one felt a little too generic to me. Dark Gate is my favorite Kemco RPG, and i think Aeon Avenger is a step back from it.

Nonetheless, it's still pretty good, and still a strong title from Kemco.

For Aeon Avenger, this is the first Kemco game i played on the ipad mini and the framerate is a little on the low. Never felt like it was like this on other Kemco games when playing on the 4S. Anyone else think that on ipads the framerate's kinda sluggish?

One negative i find on Kemco games in general are the lack of more flexible control options, but the ones they have on their games are ok and doesnt make them unplayable.
I found the controls on my iphone pretty sweet,but on Ipad unplayable.
This being universal makes me pretty psyched and makes me wonder if i should call my girl to bring an Itunes card while she's in town.
Anyone any impressions on Ipad controls?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-15-2013, 07:15 AM
undeadcow undeadcow is online now
Senior Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8,738
Default

I haven't downloaded Aeon Avengers yet but that brief glimpse of the future world looks promising. iOS definitely needs more modern day (Earthbound) or sci-fi RPGs (StarOcean).
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-15-2013, 07:21 AM
Exact-Psience Exact-Psience is online now
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 15,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krautboy View Post
I found the controls on my iphone pretty sweet,but on Ipad unplayable.
This being universal makes me pretty psyched and makes me wonder if i should call my girl to bring an Itunes card while she's in town.
Anyone any impressions on Ipad controls?
Controls well, but i wish there was a dynamic vstick option so i dont have to look at the static vstick from time to time to make sure i press the correct direction.

The thing i dont like about the controls is the cancel button which is on the top left of the screen. I wish it was right beside the confirm button. Same with the Auto-battle button... It's really difficult to press on the upper-right when on an ipad. Well, not difficult, but a hassle.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent