Left 4 Dead: Mobile is coming soon to iOS, powered by Unity Engine

02-16-2013, 10:11 AM
Left 4 Dead: Mobile is coming soon to iOS, powered by Unity Engine

However, it is not an official port of the popular PC game by Valve. Instead, it is a fan-made game based on the PC version (in other words, it is being unofficially ported to iOS from the PC version) using Unity Engine (of course, not Source Engine) by a group of Russian programmers. I don't know if this forum's rules allow to post fan-made games, but it is really an awesome game that we need to know about!

The programmers say that an alpha version of the game, which contains only one level, is coming in the next couple of weeks (maybe in late February / early March 2013) and it is totally free. The exact release date of the full game is unknown at the present.

Personally, I think that Valve will never create an official iOS port of the game. I also think that their Source Engine will never support iOS. As such, this might be the only chance for us to play Left 4 Dead on iOS!

Last edited by clever_bug; 02-16-2013 at 10:58 AM.
02-16-2013, 10:21 AM
I must have I must haaaaaavvvvvveeee!

I am the punishment of GOD
if you had not committed great sins
GOD would not have sent
a punishment like me upon you Genghis Khan

02-16-2013, 11:19 AM
looks great!! any possible release dates?
02-16-2013, 11:23 AM
That guy needs a new flashlight
02-16-2013, 11:42 AM
This won't last very long in the App Store, if it is approved at all. Also, the title should have mentioned that this is a fan-made game.

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!
02-16-2013, 11:42 AM
Oh yeah that's what I'm talking about!!!Take my money!!!But not every minute though,hehe..
02-16-2013, 11:58 AM
If that video is the final product then this game will be crap
02-16-2013, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingman View Post
If that video is the final product then this game will be crap
I love how people always assume early development footage is worthy of criticism. Anyone remember that Killzone 2 reveal Sony had a while back? It was fake. They made a CGI trailer to fool everyone into thinking the PS3 was capable of what that trailer demonstrated.

This is actual gameplay, and it's pretty goddamn impressive.

iPhone 5 - 32GB; iPad 4th Gen - 32GB
02-16-2013, 12:52 PM
Dissapointed when I read that this was a fan-made version, but hopefully this encourages Valve to actually release a mobile L4D.

MADE THE FRONT PAGE ON TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin2898 View Post
True Words Spoken By The Great Crex.
02-16-2013, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
I love how people always assume early development footage is worthy of criticism. Anyone remember that Killzone 2 reveal Sony had a while back? It was fake. They made a CGI trailer to fool everyone into thinking the PS3 was capable of what that trailer demonstrated.

This is actual gameplay, and it's pretty goddamn impressive.
The key word was IF.