Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-17-2013, 04:42 AM

Default Hammers, swords & Steel

Old 02-17-2013, 04:44 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Seems an interesting mix of RTS and Civilization. Looks like Civ with timers at first sight

But one thing bothers me - the app description says one turn takes 2 hours, in app help says 4 hours - but in fact the timer is set for only ten minutes??
Old 02-17-2013, 11:31 AM

Hello there,

Thanks for the heads up. I will fix the description.

Actually, newbies have faster turns for the first 15-20 turns (from 5 minutes to 1h) so they dont get bored and they dont get eaten too fast by older players.

once the newbie period is done, turns are 1h30mins long.

Thank you
Old 02-17-2013, 01:39 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Hello bobdread,

thanks for the heads up. I thought it could be that way. Unfortunately the map view seems broken - can't make out anything.

My starting point isn't bad at all - but I started on a small island with not much wood. So on one side I won't be discovered so fast - but my development is going to be very slow :/ (I need 200 more wood - at a production of 2 wood each 1,5 hours it will take more than six days until I can build my first settler. Until then all I can do is wait and occasionally upgrade my only wood source)... feeling like Robinson Crusoe on my deserted island

Oh and maybe you could check the waypoint system - sometimes it doesn't recognize my commands

Last edited by c.ihls; 02-17-2013 at 01:48 PM..
Old 02-17-2013, 02:01 PM

Hello,

First, thanks for playing our game.

For your build problem maybe we need to thinking about fixing the game balance & rules. Would it be less longer if you build another peasant before a settler? Btw, your pesants work will be shared if they work on the same land, so it will build up much faster. After this, if you think its still too long, let us know we may add something so it gives faster start...

For the waypoint, when you select a tile, you should see a message like "your unit will start moving on next turn" - you will notice that they will start moving the turn after...

Thank you!
Old 02-17-2013, 02:09 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdread View Post
Btw, your pesants work will be shared if they work on the same land, so it will build up much faster.

Thank you!
Oh thanks for the hint. I'll try combining my two peasants then to speed the upgrading up

And I will try the waypoint-system over the night. My footman should reach the other end of the island by tomorrow morning
Old 02-17-2013, 02:19 PM

I really LOVE the style for this game,Just started 4 minutes ago,Two questions though,How do I know who I'm going up against and can we start alliances or something?
Edit: I read the guide. Anyways,We can start trade routes. That's cool.

Last edited by Linx550; 02-17-2013 at 02:24 PM..
Old 02-17-2013, 04:09 PM

Hello there,

Your against a lot of people, but to find out who you're against, you have to explore around. You can also ally with those people. Its up to you

You can also see the top 3 overall players on the map by pressing menu/map - but this is a confusing feature that we could possibly remove... we would just keep your map
Old 02-17-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdread View Post
Hello there,

Your against a lot of people, but to find out who you're against, you have to explore around. You can also ally with those people. Its up to you

You can also see the top 3 overall players on the map by pressing menu/map - but this is a confusing feature that we could possibly remove... we would just keep your map
Yeah,I wa wondering what those huge brown/blue/green scribbles were. Anyways,Found a bug,Pressing chat and typing in something stops you from doing anything else.
This is a pretty fun game.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:23 PM

Hi,

I just tried with iphone simulator, and I was able to chat without any problems. Can you give more details? Would you prefer to discuss privately?

Thanks a lot for your comments! they are really appreciated