★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What's Cooking?!

02-20-2013, 02:23 AM
#1
What's Cooking?!

Hey

I'm a massive foodie. I'll happily spend hours toying with different ingredients. This doesn't mean that I forget the bachelor life. Some of my of my best (and worst) recipes came from having no money and crap all in the fridge.

So what's on the TA menu tonight?

Every model of reality has margins where it begins to run out of explanatory steam, where we can see its problems and limitations
Frozen Synapse: Deputy
GameCentre: The Lost Deputy
02-20-2013, 03:00 AM
#2
It's humid so just knocked out a Thai beef salad. Chilli, coriander and charred beef are bros for life

Last edited by metalcasket; 05-18-2013 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Language

02-21-2013, 09:47 PM
#3
Bacon fever!

Every model of reality has margins where it begins to run out of explanatory steam, where we can see its problems and limitations
Frozen Synapse: Deputy
GameCentre: The Lost Deputy
02-21-2013, 10:16 PM
#4
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: The red Skittle
Posts: 5,224
Heh, a food thread with no comments?

Are people afraid this will become an instagram photo sharing fest?

Anyways, on the menu for myself is a roast chicken dinner, with a multitudes of salads, including several that don't even have any semblance of an English name. The best one is made with chopped up ham, potatoes, eggs, gherkins (or pickles), peas and grated cucumber. Yumminess galore.

Here's a pic, in case anyone is interested:
http://bonappetit.com.ua/uploads/pos...57144142_1.jpg

(not embedding it so it doesn't become a pic sharing thread, like I mentioned D: )



Need proofreading, editing or writing done for your game?
Contact me via PM or email and we can talk.
02-21-2013, 10:48 PM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
Heh, a food thread with no comments?

Are people afraid this will become an instagram photo sharing fest?

Anyways, on the menu for myself is a roast chicken dinner, with a multitudes of salads, including several that don't even have any semblance of an English name. The best one is made with chopped up ham, potatoes, eggs, gherkins (or pickles), peas and grated cucumber. Yumminess galore.

Here's a pic, in case anyone is interested:
http://bonappetit.com.ua/uploads/pos...57144142_1.jpg

(not embedding it so it doesn't become a pic sharing thread, like I mentioned D: )
I love man salads! Not a prissy lettuce leaf with a drop of balsamic. I real salad. With chunky stuff and big flavours. Sounds good mate. Special occasion or just getting creative for the fun of it?
02-21-2013, 10:53 PM
#6
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: The red Skittle
Posts: 5,224
Heck yeah, real salads ftw.

Been experimenting with fish (tuna) salads recently too, found an amazing one that turned out nothing like the recipe, but ended up tasting amazing as heck and better than what they advertised. <3 experimenting!

It's for our weekly family gathering. Just having a nice dinner together.



Need proofreading, editing or writing done for your game?
Contact me via PM or email and we can talk.
02-21-2013, 11:13 PM
#7
What's cookin' Good Lookin'?
02-21-2013, 11:24 PM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
Heck yeah, real salads ftw.

Been experimenting with fish (tuna) salads recently too, found an amazing one that turned out nothing like the recipe, but ended up tasting amazing as heck and better than what they advertised. <3 experimenting!

It's for our weekly family gathering. Just having a nice dinner together.
Yeah noice! Pumpkin and roasted pine nuts are awesome for giving some balls to a salad aswell.

Tonight Im doing Beef Tataki with Fried egglant in a chilli, ginger and honey dressing. Both recipes I made up after tasting a few versions of the dishes in restaurants then playing with them later at home. If it turns out well then Im sorry. There will be a picture

Every model of reality has margins where it begins to run out of explanatory steam, where we can see its problems and limitations
Frozen Synapse: Deputy
GameCentre: The Lost Deputy
02-21-2013, 11:28 PM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Deputy View Post
Yeah noice! Pumpkin and roasted pine nuts are awesome for giving some balls to a salad aswell.

Tonight Im doing Beef Tataki with Fried egglant in a chilli, ginger and honey dressing. Both recipes I made up after tasting a few versions of the dishes in restaurants then playing with them later at home. If it turns out well then Im sorry. There will be a picture
Wow, can I come over? I am impressed.

I like to make Steak. I also make stews alot. Pot Roast, Corned Beef, and seafood are good.

I love shellfish like crab and lobster though I never cook them.

I like ice cream and I like pies.

I am hungry Now, thanks guys.
02-21-2013, 11:44 PM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Wow, can I come over? I am impressed.

I like to make Steak. I also make stews alot. Pot Roast, Corned Beef, and seafood are good.

I love shellfish like crab and lobster though I never cook them.

I like ice cream and I like pies.

I am hungry Now, thanks guys.
Soft shell crab is so easy you should have a crack

Every model of reality has margins where it begins to run out of explanatory steam, where we can see its problems and limitations
Frozen Synapse: Deputy
GameCentre: The Lost Deputy

Last edited by Lost_Deputy; 02-22-2013 at 12:11 AM.