★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Bulkypix
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 46.1 MB
  • Version: 1.2.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Download the @FreeAppADay.com Store App and wish for more top rated apps like Turbolab Pursuit to featured on FAAD!

The most white-knuckle pursuit in the App Store

In a world that has only just discovered automobiles, a mad scientist has been busy atop his tower, putting the finishing touches to his all-new prototype vehicle. But the local mafia would love to get their hands on his revolutionary invention...

Turbolab Pursuit is a 2D game featuring a subtle cross between a runner and a shoot 'em up. Use Professor West's wacky invention to rocket down the hills and escape the clutches of the enemies hot on your heels.

Mod your vehicle with the most devastating and outlandish weapons, like kung fu sheep, melon cannons and tortoise-launchers, and head off on a crazy chase that will take you into the clouds.

Leave your pursuers for dust by pimping your ride with an increasingly insane range of parts, like an aircraft aileron, a tractor engine, a wrecking ball, and so much more.

Treat Professor West to a fun makeover with a selection of headgear, outfits and hairstyles that will keep you off the radar of any paparazzi with an overly close interest in your invention.

With its cartoon graphics and simple controls, Turbolab Pursuit will provide hours of gaming fun, while giving your reflexes a severe workout.

Fasten your seatbelts and get ready for a race that you won't forget in a hurry!

Features:

-Over 4,000 customization combos
-Mod your ride with crazy, devastating weapons
- Upgrade your vehicle's stats
- Let your imagination run wild and customize your nutty professor
- Collect countless power-ups along the way
-Randomly-generated levels
-Game Center achievements
-Universal app
-iPhone 5 Retina display

CURIOUS? More info on:
bulkypix.com
facebook.com/Bulkypix
twitter.com/Bulkypix
youtube.com/Bulkypix

Sanuku's comments:

02-20-2013, 06:18 AM
I've been waiting for this. There was a time the dev asked if i could beta test, but we werent able to discuss it. So yeah, it's finally here, and im excited all the same.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

02-20-2013, 06:46 AM
Looks fun, is it basically an endless runner?

Game Center: DustCloud13
02-20-2013, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustCloud13 View Post
Looks fun, is it basically an endless runner?
Not sure if it's endless, but personally, i dont think it is. It'd be great to have an endless mode though.

All i know is that this has tons of customization options.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
02-20-2013, 07:06 AM
For me it looks like it is endless

Game Center: sink_or_swim
02-20-2013, 07:18 AM
It is an endless runner (well,driver ). Tons of custumazation indeed. Automatic driving with a button to jump and a button for weapons. I'm not really into endless runners so i can't really tell if it's good or not. I did three runs and doubt i'll ever fire it up again.
There's the expected IAP shop for extra coins and a coin doubler and,first i've ever seen coin tripler.
You start with 3 hearts ,loose them and it's game over. Landing right gives you a boost tiny wings style.
It's stated in the app description : iphone 5 retina support
A bit weird to state it only would support retina on iphone 5 but it's not very crisp on my Ipad 3.
Can't really tell more as i haven't played enough and it's just not my thing.

Some beavers are hiding, some beavers are invisible, some are moving and some are just plain elusive and then there are the 'Beavers in Disguise'.
02-20-2013, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Really a fun game it has a cant stop playing vibe for me you can upgrade everything even the driver and all parts of the car (minus the wheels)
Sounds great. How much is the tripler? Im trying to fit the IAP into my weekly budget.

02-20-2013, 09:57 AM
Thought it said 'Turbolax' for a sec, hah...what movie was that from now..
02-20-2013, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rshkhsee View Post
Thought it said 'Turbolax' for a sec, hah...what movie was that from now..
^^ Dumb and Dumber

Game Center ID: Quazonk
Twitter: @GomeraMosking
02-20-2013, 11:44 AM
Nice already on the PH appstore w00t!