App description: Help Figaro escape the clutches of a monster spider as he races through his gothic mansion. Hes got the place rigged with gadgets but you better act quick the clocks ticking!

Figaro Pho Creatures and Critters features:

- 48 Levels
- Gorgeous animation and graphics
- Power-ups, obstacles and contraptions
- Achievements
- Based on an award-winning TV series

You might think the fear of spiders is silly, but when Figaro comes across a grumpy spider the size of a small pony this fear doesn't seem strange at all. The clock is ticking as Figaro flees in terror through the dark halls of his spooky mansion. And as if a giant slobbering arachnid hot on your heels isnt bad news enough, throw in a bunch of other creepy crawlies - all with a taste for the fearful Figaro Pho. Yes, hes got a few tricks up his sleeve - the odd camouflage disguise, the occasional grapple hook gun but you better use them well. Your opponent has a habit of dropping from the ceiling!! Will our hero make it to the front door in time, before hes snatched up and eaten alive??! Figaro's fate is in your hands...

Terms of Use: http://www.givemechocolate.me/figarophogames/termsofuse.html
Privacy Policy: http://www.givemechocolate.me/figarophogames/privacypolicy.html

Vovin's comments:

Looks like a deal...
02-20-2013, 10:10 PM
Wow, where did this lovely thing come from?

02-24-2013, 04:21 PM
Has anyone played this?
02-24-2013, 04:37 PM
After reading the privacy policy I'm avoiding this. I don't want people to know what websites I visit. Just want to simply play a game and not pass on any info.
02-24-2013, 04:57 PM
Same developer as Oscura, so it's an easy pick up for me.
02-24-2013, 05:42 PM
I am looking forward to some comments on this one.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
02-24-2013, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
I am looking forward to some comments on this one.
Gameplay-wise, it's a fairly typical three-star based point A to point B puzzle platformer. Touch to move to a particular location, swipe to jump, touch to interact with switches, elevators, fans, etc. Reach the key, collect candy, get to the door. The levels start fairly short, but seem to add complexity as you make your way through the game. It's all quite familiar, though not in a bad way necessarily.

What it lacks in innovation, the game makes up in polish and personality. The art direction feels like a mash up of Edward Gorey and Tim Burton, and the character animation is just great. There are fully animated cut scenes whenever a new gameplay element is introduced and there's even a nice bit when you're idle for too long. The backgrounds are perhaps a bit plain, but overall the game looks great.

With 42 levels, there seems to be plenty of content for the $.99 purchase. No IAP that I can find. All in all, an easy recommendation for folks who like this kind of game.
02-24-2013, 06:37 PM
Thanks! I plan to get this now.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
02-24-2013, 08:54 PM
And again, im reminded why i love iosgaming so much.

Saw this and put it on my wishlist, but then saw it was developed by Chocolate Liberation Front (i LOVED Oscura) and immediately took it off and downloaded it. So far... Totally blown away by the production values. Cant wait to get further into it. =oD
02-24-2013, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
And again, im reminded why i love iosgaming so much.

Saw this and put it on my wishlist, but then saw it was developed by Chocolate Liberation Front (i LOVED Oscura) and immediately took it off and downloaded it. So far... Totally blown away by the production values. Cant wait to get further into it. =oD
Do me a favor...write a review complaining about the 3 star system. It's so artificial and it's become an ios cliche by now.

BTW, I just got back from starbucks...there was a kid, probably in his late teens with an ipan mini. He told me it's full of games and he just sits for hours playing them. I took a look at it. ALL FREE. Couldn't even spring for Fruit Ninja, he had the lite version.

This is the problem with ios gaming. I can't imagine the look I would have gotten if I showed him Battle of the Bulge.