★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Iddiction
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 48.5 MB
  • Version: 1.7
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: APP STORE EDITOR'S CHOICE

Faster than SONIC. Braver than MARIO. And just a wee bit clumsy - Meet MAJOR MAGNET the world's most unlikely hero!

Combines the speed of Sonic the Hedgehog with magnetisms black magic. - Gamezebo

"High-velocity platform action with more sophistication, panache, and intelligence" - PocketGamer

"Strong characters and quality platforming..." - Kotaku

"Unique magnet-driven physics-styled gameplay" - Slide To Play

"Major Magnet is full of positive charge!" - Nerdgasmatron

Addictive, Physics-based Gameplay
Incredible Hand-drawn Character Art
Original Arcade Soundtrack
6 Beautiful and Unique Worlds
An Epic Story Adventure

Follow @majormagnet on Twitter to win prizes and more!

Like us on Facebook facebook.com/majormagnet

Watch the videos on YouTube youtube.com/majormagnet

Headphone use recommended.

--

The Story of Major Magnet

With an insanely funny set of characters, including loyal sidekick Gus the Guinea Pig, Major Magnet's off to save the world from Colonel Lastin, without even realizing it. Sometimes a hero can come from anyone, especially if they have a magnet to help them out. All he wants is his yellow cape back!

Gone are the days of playing a game where you just run around, stomping on mushrooms this is magnetic gameplay! Tap a magnet, swing and shoot the Major to race through each level. It's as innovative as it sounds and incredibly fun to master.

Sanuku's comments:

02-21-2013, 01:06 AM
dskfdskfbldkfjsdkl omg it's out!!!!!!!!

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

02-21-2013, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
dskfdskfbldkfjsdkl omg it's out!!!!!!!!
Could you remove the [Universal] from the Thread Title. I was a bit to fast with adding it because the current Build isn`t yet it. Thanks.
02-21-2013, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Could you remove the [Universal] from the Thread Title. I was a bit to fast with adding it because the current Build isn`t yet it. Thanks.
Fixed.

Well, I can only hope this does indeed go universal. Really been looking forward to this and I must say I'm quite shocked that it ended up being iPhone-only. Anyways, bought. *crosses fingers for a universal build*

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
02-21-2013, 02:53 AM
aw... iphone only? O_o

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
02-21-2013, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
aw... iphone only? O_o
Yeah, odd. Don't let that stop you from checking it out though. The game's awesome, it's not that bad in 2X and due to the nature of the controls, works perfectly fine.

No evident IAPs, by the way.

02-21-2013, 07:38 AM
This or the new chillingo game?
02-21-2013, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
This or the new chillingo game?
Both are solid so I guess you should choose whichever you want to play. Since both are different Genres you really can`t go wrong with any of those.
02-21-2013, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Both are solid so I guess you should choose whichever you want to play. Since both are different Genres you really can`t go wrong with any of those.
Might get this until a better playable touch 4 version is availabile
02-21-2013, 10:40 AM
This looks so good I may break my personal rule of no iPhone specific games on my iPad for it! I saw mention of a universal build perhaps in the works... How soon would that land if so? I made this exception to my rule for Vergence as it has a universal update coming in a few weeks and would be willing to do the same for this potential gem if a universal build is around the corner!