★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Episode Two now available, the final chapter in this award winning adventure.

The Silent Age takes you on an adventurous journey into a dystopian future where mankind has gone extinct!

Travel through time between the iconic 70's and a desolate present day haunted by silence.

The Silent Age is an atmospheric point-and-click adventure game with stylized visuals and an eerie soundtrack that will keep you in suspense as you solve mind-bending puzzles.

With an interface specifically designed for touch devices, you'll flow through the story without hiccups and frustrations. Sit back, plug in your headphones, and enjoy the adventure.

Background Story -------------------------------------------------

Its 1972. Love is free. Flipflops, English leather and bandanas are the height of fashion. Meanwhile the Cold War is more than lukewarm and a real one is going on overseas. Movements are happening. Environmentalists, the female liberties movement, and on the dance floors an entirely different kind of movement is overtaking the underground clubs. The winds of change are certainly blowing over the country.

Somewhere in the big city, in a tall, faceless government building someone left a window open. All the winds of change are doing here is blowing leaves all over Joes newly-swept floor. Hes been there for two years now. Working a dead-end attendant job making sure the building is as spotless as the suits walking the halls. Its been like this for years, going from one soul-devouring job to the next.

Our protagonist is Joe in more than just name. He is quite literally Joe Average. Average height, average weight, average IQ. In fact, the only thing remotely remarkable about him is exactly how much he conforms to the median of the hypothetical everyman, and up until this point, Joes life hasn't exactly been biography material.

This is all about to change...

Reviews -------------------------------------------------

Metacritic score: 84

*** "The combination of intelligent puzzles and sexy spartan design has iOS adventure fans flocking to The Silent Age in droves [...]" -- Kotaku

*** "You may detect a strong Twelve Monkeys influence at work in the game's storyline." -- Eurogamer

*** "The Silent Age is an absolutely fantastic adventure that fans of the genre should not miss" -- 148Apps

*** "Beautiful and immersive graphics and soundtrack create an uncannily calm ambiance. Logical puzzles make sense in the context of the world" -- Gamezebo

*** "Smart, mysterious and layered beneath a very welcome dose of otherworldly eeriness, The Silent Age will delight any adventure gamer who feels that the genre's revival, welcome though it is, is just a little too light-hearted in the 21st century" -- Modojo

*** "The Silent Age delivers a charming experience, packed with stylish graphics and sound, simple touch controls and an intriguing story" -- Multiplayer.it

*** "I especially recommend The Silent Age to fans of science fiction, time travel, quirky writing, inner monologues and epic mustaches" -- Indie Love

TouchArcade Bot's comments:

02-22-2013, 06:15 AM
Pretty interesting game so far. And the art style is cool.

02-22-2013, 06:54 AM
This looks interesting. I don't think I'll be burned for the price of free.
02-22-2013, 10:33 AM
i'm playing it and it's beautiful!!!
reminds me Another World, just a little more in the point & click adventure way.
it's a steal for FREE!
02-22-2013, 01:08 PM
...and i want more !

Wonder when episode 2 is coming...curious from head to toe
how the story goes on. Well done Devs.
02-23-2013, 10:57 PM
Wow, beautiful game. I knew I had to try it after seeing the screenshots. Definitely a hidden gem!

Faves: Punch Quest, Ski Safari, Plague Inc., Autumn Dynasty, Kingdom Rush HD, Magic 2013, The Walking Dead, Soul Calibur, King of Dragon Pass, Spell Tower
02-24-2013, 03:28 AM
awesome and free

Game center ID: ip4weather
Upcoming horror games: The Apeiron Project Forgotten Memories In Fear I Trust Nowhere
02-24-2013, 04:27 AM
Great, i like the art, i'll give a try, it's free!
02-24-2013, 10:22 AM
Awesome game. The stage has been set for an excellent dystopian adventure through time and space.

I can see the future chapters being IAP but that's understandable considering the quality of story and gameplay. And judging from the end credits, the next chapters look like they are already lined up, which is exciting (How does Joe end up in a bar?!?).

Kudos to the devs! I look forward to continuing Joe's tale!

Last edited by monoclespectacle; 02-24-2013 at 11:06 AM.
02-24-2013, 11:15 AM
I just downloaded and opened it just to check it out. From the first minute in, you can clearly see your in for a great experience. Can't wait to dive into this bad boy