Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iOS Apps

Old 02-22-2013, 10:35 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default CARROT, the sadistic AI construct

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

CARROT is a sadistic AI construct embedded in a todo list. You keep her happy by getting stuff done in real life. She'll reward you. But be careful! Slackers make CARROT upset. You do NOT want to make CARROT upset.

With Version 2.0, CARROT is now the first todo list that upgrades itself with new features as you use it. Level up and unlock app upgrades, mini-games, and a branching, episodic story. To read about how games inspired the unlockables feature in this update, check out CARROT's blog. She finally puts the game back in gamification.

I've got big plans for CARROT's future. Her next update, for example, will feature full Game Center integration - she'll be the first todo list with social leaderboards, so you can compete with your friends, family, and Internet strangers to see who's king/queen of completing tasks.

Don't piss CARROT off - download her immediately!

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by bmueller; 02-23-2013 at 12:05 AM..
Old 02-22-2013, 10:37 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to 2133

Is this considered a game?

I have it, level 50, really weird and fun.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:37 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2133 View Post

At this point, I'd honestly say it's more game than todo list.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:40 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2133 View Post

And, with what I've got planned, it's only going to get more game-like. Game Center leaderboards and achievements are going to go live in the next 2 weeks, and I'll be adding full-on mini-games that you'll get to play as a reward for getting stuff done (the mini-games that are included now are fairly simple - a word scramble, quiz questions, and a "CAPTCHA").

Oh, and not to mention there's a full-fledged episodic story. Two chapters are included in the current version, with more coming soon. CARROT has over two thousand lines of dialogue right now

Todo lists are dull and boring; I'm trying to make CARROT more entertaining than most games!

Last edited by bmueller; 02-22-2013 at 10:44 PM..
Old 02-22-2013, 10:54 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to 2133

Carrot murdered my cat sludge and a person and dumped him to the cafeteria. She's an a-hole.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:31 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Lol I have no chance of playing fair in this game, I will most likely just make them up and say I completed them... Lol any chance for iPad support (I understand why it is more for iPhone, but thought I would ask anyway.) This does look REALLY cool. I think I'll get it, and who knows? Maybe I'll actually get more things done! XD
Old 02-23-2013, 12:00 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocketnova View Post
Lol I have no chance of playing fair in this game, I will most likely just make them up and say I completed them... Lol any chance for iPad support (I understand why it is more for iPhone, but thought I would ask anyway.) This does look REALLY cool. I think I'll get it, and who knows? Maybe I'll actually get more things done! XD
I definitely want to do an iPad version at some point, though people would expect to be able to sync their tasks between the iPhone and iPad versions, and implementing iCloud is a bit of a pain. So that'll be the big factor delaying the iPad version. I hope to get started on that after I get 1 or 2 more updates of the iPhone version in.

Enjoy!
Old 02-23-2013, 01:28 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmueller View Post
I definitely want to do an iPad version at some point, though people would expect to be able to sync their tasks between the iPhone and iPad versions, and implementing iCloud is a bit of a pain. So that'll be the big factor delaying the iPad version. I hope to get started on that after I get 1 or 2 more updates of the iPhone version in.

Enjoy!
Thanks! This is really neat! Best todo list out there. Lol This, like a review I read said, reminds me a ton of the robot from portal, can't remember the name, but she always had something nasty to say lol. Great app!
Old 02-23-2013, 01:31 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocketnova View Post
Thanks! This is really neat! Best todo list out there. Lol This, like a review I read said, reminds me a ton of the robot from portal, can't remember the name, but she always had something nasty to say lol. Great app!
GLaDOS and CARROT had a thing once. It did not end well. There was cake everywhere!
Old 02-23-2013, 01:34 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmueller View Post
glados and carrot had a thing once. It did not end well. There was cake everywhere!
Hahaha! XD