Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-23-2013, 11:54 AM

Default Zulus on the Ramparts!

Old 03-04-2013, 04:23 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Default Game Impressions

So I've been playing this one for a few days. It's fun, a little bit luck dependent (but a solitaire board game without luck is just a puzzle). You do get some nailbiting moments and I've yet to beat it, just achieved a draw at most. Sometimes the game will be over after just 2-3 turns, other times you get a 12-13 turn slugfest.

But my only real complaint is that it's slightly buggy - not that it crashes (not on my iphone 5 anyway), but sometimes you'll end up in a position where there are no actions you can take - from your available officers action list, there is sometimes no way to click and get back to the game. Usually this happens when I click on my available officers and the only one is Corporal Scheiss - I get stuck and unable to resume the game.

This bug aside (which has affect 3 of my 20-odd games so far), I like this and would give it 3.5/5
Old 03-04-2013, 04:25 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Haha, I started a new game after making the above post and lost on turn 2. LOL.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:00 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skypoint View Post
But my only real complaint is that it's slightly buggy - not that it crashes (not on my iphone 5 anyway), but sometimes you'll end up in a position where there are no actions you can take - from your available officers action list, there is sometimes no way to click and get back to the game. Usually this happens when I click on my available officers and the only one is Corporal Scheiss - I get stuck and unable to resume the game.
I've really been enjoying this game as well, and I've been encountering the exact same bug as you. I'm also on iPhone 5. Particularly when the Cpl. Scheiss card is involved. Not that big of a deal, unless I've managed to survive deep into a game and I have to close out and start over. Then I want to throw my phone across the room :-P
Also an occasional crash bug at game completion. After it tallies my score it will sometimes crash to a white screen. I've emailed the devs about the problems, and they've replied that they're looking into it.
Still, I love this game, and have been hooked on it. Very tough, but fun. I've managed to win a few times on "easy" but have only managed to get close a few times on "normal." I usually get my butt kicked :-P
BTW... Watch the movie "Zulu" with Michael Caine and Stanley Baker. It's all about the battle at Rorke's Drift. It's awesome.

Last edited by Garbagemaster; 03-05-2013 at 07:02 AM..
Old 03-06-2013, 09:47 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Finally won the game on normal! 73 points, Epic British Victory. Was a very desperate fight, needed both levels of barricade in order to survive, and had only 1 card in my barracks by the start of the final turn. Had to give up officers and sergeants with powerful abilities just to use their volleys instead a couple of time.

Beat the game by killing all the zulus by 10:30 at night (in game time).