Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-23-2013, 06:03 PM

Default Flight Unlimited 3 - San Francisco

Hi Everyone,

I'm happy to announce that Flight Unlimited 3 - San Francisco is in development. The game is roughly 10% complete.

I've included some initial, low quality shots of the city. Anyone who has our current game, Flight Unlimited Las Vegas, should get a sense for how the city will look in the game once all of the graphical touches and enhancements have been added. Please note that the buildings are not fully textured yet.

We're gearing Flight Unlimited 3 to be the first vehicle simulator as apposed to flight simulator. Planes, Cars, and Boats will be at your disposal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (352.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (343.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (285.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (232.8 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by flightunlimited; 02-23-2013 at 06:09 PM..
Old 02-23-2013, 07:22 PM

What's always been a bummer to me when comparing other flight sims to x-plane is that the competition use table lookup to simulate the airplanes aerodynamic behavior, while x-plane obtains supreme resulting simulation by using blade element theory.

This puts x-plane far above the publicly available competition, on all platforms, when it comes to -realism-

On the other hand, the GUI and graphical detail of flight unlimited is ridiculously superior to the ones of x-plane. We havent seen an update to the x-plane app for a very long time, and not even been given an iphone 5 update!!

Thats probably because the poor dev has his hands tied up because of the mildly speaking shallow lawsuits from the motha f•cking scumbags uniloc

I would love to have a flight sim with blade element theory and nice graphics. Too bad flight unlimited got all the pieces but one...
Old 02-27-2013, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureRumble View Post
What's always been a bummer to me when comparing other flight sims to x-plane is that the competition use table lookup to simulate the airplanes aerodynamic behavior, while x-plane obtains supreme resulting simulation by using blade element theory.

This puts x-plane far above the publicly available competition, on all platforms, when it comes to -realism-

On the other hand, the GUI and graphical detail of flight unlimited is ridiculously superior to the ones of x-plane. We havent seen an update to the x-plane app for a very long time, and not even been given an iphone 5 update!!

Thats probably because the poor dev has his hands tied up because of the mildly speaking shallow lawsuits from the motha f•cking scumbags uniloc

I would love to have a flight sim with blade element theory and nice graphics. Too bad flight unlimited got all the pieces but one...
Good points. We're working to improve the flight model considerably both for the next venture and for the current game Flight Unlimited Las Vegas. I'm happy to hear that you appreciate the visuals we've been able to achieve.

Thank you for the coments
Old 02-27-2013, 08:00 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

New one already!! That's good news, I hope that the game is very realistic( I'm not asking to much though), infinite flight has pretty good looking copit views and that would be good if this one did!
Old 03-09-2013, 06:26 PM

I can't make any promises but we're working on a revolutionary new memory management system that should allow us to make the flyable area literally 100x larger...imagine the entire state of California as apposed to just San Francisco. The issue is development time may exceed 6 months before we know if our technique works.

I'll keep you posted...in the mean time I'll be uploading some new images this week.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:27 PM

This looks pretty good, look forward to seeing screenshots of the boat and car parts. Hopefully the missions for FU2 come out soon
Old 03-12-2013, 09:49 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Can't wait, I love your games AND San Francisco.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:55 PM

After this game you should add 1 more city and connect all the cities to one giant world. So say its FU1 city, Las Vegas, San Francisco and say Paris
Old 03-31-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoipad View Post
After this game you should add 1 more city and connect all the cities to one giant world. So say its FU1 city, Las Vegas, San Francisco and say Paris
That's a good suggestion, we'll look into it.

In the mean time, here are some screens of the new F18 that will be released in the next update of Flight Unlimited Las Vegas. It's a $0.99 in app purchase.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F18_1.jpg (63.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg F18_2.jpg (222.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg F18_3.jpg (219.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg F18_4.jpg (30.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png F18_7.png (730.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-21-2013, 12:09 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Any update on this one. Patiently waiting for its release.