★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Sarah Northway
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 25.2 MB
  • Version: 1.01
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: A lost puppy finds himself stuck underground, and must dig his way out while spelling words with the letters he finds. Find your way to the bottom of 7 unique levels, collecting items and bonuses and meeting a crazy cast of hip-hop slang-slinging animals along the way.

Think you got what it takes, Dog? You ain't gonna know till you try. Word up.

Features:

- No ads or in game purchases
- Random levels that are different every time you play
- Challenging time-based bonuses
- Chill and funky hip-hop soundtrack
- Spell words like LOL and CHICAGO and ROSHAMBO
- Adorable animals dressed like your favorite 80's rappers

metalcasket's comments:
02-24-2013, 01:00 AM
Nice, got word of it before. Finally a new game by Sarah.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

02-24-2013, 02:49 AM
Spell words like "LOL?" Right then. Pass!
02-24-2013, 05:59 AM
I'm not a fan of TouchGen's reviews, but this one is absolutely spot-on. This is easily my favorite word game on iOS and just sounds and looks wonderful. Think a dungeon crawler meets word game.

Also, Gabrien...if you watched the video, you'd notice the game has standard English as well as slang...makes sense for a game called "Word Up Dog", right?
02-24-2013, 08:40 AM
Getting some iTunes credit tomorrow and will be getting this immediately after.

Current Favorites: HoMM Clash of Heroes. Dungeon Plunder. Penumbear. European War 3. Block Fortress. Nonograms Pro. Dungelot. Pwn: Combat Hacking. Heroes and Castles. Hundreds. Ravenmark. Card Shark Collection. Carcassonne.
02-24-2013, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
I'm not a fan of TouchGen's reviews, but this one is absolutely spot-on. This is easily my favorite word game on iOS and just sounds and looks wonderful. Think a dungeon crawler meets word game.

Also, Gabrien...if you watched the video, you'd notice the game has standard English as well as slang...makes sense for a game called "Word Up Dog", right?
Just picked this up after reading dungeon crawler meets word game while I don't like word games I do love dungeon crawlers.
Played this first couple of levels and its seems pretty cool, might just be me but it has a toe jam and earl feel to it.
02-26-2013, 01:37 PM
Word games, while being one of my favorite genres, have gotten quite stale for me recently except for the excellent QatQi. However a release by the developer of Rebuild merits my attention, so I purchased Word Up Dog. There is no disappointment here - Word Up Dog brings a fresh approach to word games. It is fun and challenging as well. I think it is pretty cool that you can choose whether to include slang words or not, to go with the hip hop themed graphics and sound. Also, the game includes good Game Center support. Word up, indeed!

Thanks, Sarah!

Game Center: MarinasideSteve

Last edited by slewis7; 02-26-2013 at 01:41 PM.