App description: ***Eighty-Eight is 50% off for a limited time!***

"A word of advice when it comes to playing Eighty-Eight: while it might appear simple to the uninitiated or too similar to another game that already has a bunch of fans, dont be fooled. Its a great time-devouring numbers game through and through." - 148apps.com, 4.5 stars, editor's choice

Eighty-Eight is a simple yet highly addictive puzzle game. Inspired by classic number logic game, Eighty-Eight infuses its own game play and provides modernized look and feel.

Drop the numbered blocks into grids, place and set off the bomb strategically, design your chain reaction, collect the badges of reward points, and survive for higher score. Crafted by the creator of the five-star iPad puzzler, iPACROSS, Eighty-Eight is a game of simple rules and deep strategies. It is easy to pick up and hard to put down.

Eighty-Eight supports iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 and iPad.

Main game features:
- NORMAL GAME MODE AND SPEED GAME MODE
Choose between the relaxed Normal mode and the fast-paced Speed mode.

- UNIQUE BADGE SYSTEM
20 badges with varied winning conditions can be won during the game. Aside from designing your chain reaction, badge is also critical to a new high-score.

- GAME STATISTICS
The game keeps record of your past achievements and play scores. Horn your skills and aim for better.

- GAME CENTER SUPPORT
Earn your Game Center points by winning in-game badges. Compare your scores with your friends and global players, compete for higher position on the global Game Center leaderboards.

Premiere Liaison's comments:
1.1 update is now alive on the App Store. Eighty-Eight has gone universal! Now it officially supports iPad, iPhone 5 and iPhone 4, 4S. iPod player is also supported, now you can listen to your own music while play the game.

We are very happy to announce Eighty-Eight, a fresh new puzzle game for iPhone. Please check out the trailer.

02-25-2013, 09:47 PM
In beta test this game was a lot of fun.

02-25-2013, 09:52 PM
Looks interesting, but both the graphical resemblance to Drop 7 as well as actually referring to said game for marketing, only make me feel highly cautious.

Any IAP?

Last edited by Gabrien; 02-25-2013 at 10:08 PM.
02-25-2013, 09:57 PM
Beta tested for this one. Anyone who misses the old drop 7, this is for you! Great game!
02-25-2013, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turakm View Post
Beta tested for this one. Anyone who misses the old drop 7, this is for you! Great game!
As a fan of Drop 7 myself, my target was to make a game that delivers the same fun Drop7 inherited from Chain Factor and mends the design flaw in its difficulty algorithm. Based on the highly positive feedbacks from beta testers, now I am confident to suggest any puzzle lover, especially Drop 7 fan, to give Eighty-Eight a try.

And there's no IAP in this game.
02-25-2013, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Premiere Liaison View Post
As a fan of Drop 7 myself, my target was to make a game that delivers the same fun Drop7 inherited from Chain Factor and mends the design flaw in its difficulty algorithm. Based on the highly positive feedbacks from beta testers, now I am confident to suggest any puzzle lover, especially Drop 7 fan, to give Eighty-Eight a try.

And there's no IAP in this game.
I'll give it a shot, but just for what it's worth: if the game's any good you will be better off letting it stand on its own.
02-25-2013, 10:45 PM
Looks great, but why no Universal?
02-26-2013, 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdiss View Post
Looks great, but why no Universal?
I think perhaps a better question is why no iPhone 5 love? Even adding a coloured border to both top and bottom would make a difference.

That being said, it is a subtle and welcome addition to the Drop 7 formula.

andiR : Game Center || OnlyAndi : twitter
02-26-2013, 04:14 AM
I did enjoy Drop 7. I was also interested in your other game, Seven Squared. But it was iOS 6 only at first, and then I forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder, I will check out both games now.

P.S. I like the icon.
02-26-2013, 07:03 AM
Any plans for universal support, or an iPad version?