Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-26-2013, 03:05 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default [Real Fishing 2] by PNJ

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

The sequel title of Real Fishing 3D, which scored more than a million downloads worldwide, is out now!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pnjglobal
Twitter : https://twitter.com/pnj_global

★We're having a problem with iPad Mini. There'll be a bug fix soon!

Last edited by PNJ; 02-26-2013 at 03:08 AM..
Old 02-26-2013, 03:50 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Looks fantastic, but ive made my ipad mini my gaming device of choice so i will wait for a fix, and you have a buyer!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:46 AM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 02-26-2013, 02:25 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

As a real deep-sea fisherman myself, I can't get myself to buy a fishing game where you catch aquarium fish. Maybe most people don't know the difference between a game fish and an aquarium fish, but I do, so it just takes the realism right out of it for me. A 2 pound clownfish! Ha! Because of that, I wouldn't buy this no matter how well it controls. So many fishing games use aquarium fish. I don't get any of those.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:29 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

"Over 100 spicies of fish"
Old 02-27-2013, 03:18 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

We're having a free giveaway event in Promocodes and Contests forum. Check out http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2698338
Old 02-27-2013, 11:29 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

It s amazing and the for the promo contest code
Old 02-28-2013, 02:49 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I have been playing this game for 1.5 hours now and I must say it's a good Fishing Game. The graphics are great and the gameplay is as you expect it to be with nice flick animations/moves. I will keep this game on my phone next to Flick Fishing (yes I still love that game due to the lack of Retina).
Old 03-07-2013, 09:09 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Game Impressions

Don't bother

This game is a shameless cash grab through and through. It costs 5 bucks but don't get fooled by that, it is essentially a "paymium" game. There are two currencies, coins and bucks. Coins are handed out more liberal than bucks but the game is still stingy with them.
Coins are used to buy new rods, lines, repairs and lures and to pay for entering fishing spots (!!!). Yes, in this 5 dollar game you have to PAY ingame currency to even play. This is about one of the greediest games I have ever played.

You need bucks to upgrade your gear and your fish tank (the only way to catch higher level fish is to upgrade the tank) and to buy certain items in the store. So you will be low on bucks almost all the time but don't worry: There are IAPs which will let you buy bucks at exorbitant sums of your hard earned real life cash. Just great!

Another way this pathetic excuse for a game uses to grab your money is item degradation. After fishing for a couple of minutes your gear becomes worn out and unusable. Then you have two choices: Exit the fishing spot (and later pay to enter it again) and repair your gear with coins or stay and repair your gear on the spot with bucks.

The gameplay is pretty straight forward. You flick your iDevice to cast your lure and then move your finger in a circular motion on the screen to reel it in. You have to watch the line tension bar or otherwise your line snaps and you lose your lure (so you have to buy it again). Sometimes while struggling with a fish an option to flick your device will appear and if you do you can reel in for a nanosecond or so without worrying about line tension.

This is just a minigame they took and made something that kinda resembles a game around. Laughable! I have no idea why they called this "Real Fishing" it has NOTHING to do with real fishing at all. "Legend of the River King" for GameBoy was a more realistic fishing game than this atrocity.
There are no realistic fish (you catch aquarium fish, really???), only one (!!!) fishing technique (no fly fishing etc) and the locations are unrealistic too.

Purchase at own risk, you have been warned.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:04 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller ONE View Post
Don't bother

This game is a shameless cash grab through and through. It costs 5 bucks but don't get fooled by that, it is essentially a "paymium" game. There are two currencies, coins and bucks. Coins are handed out more liberal than bucks but the game is still stingy with them.
Coins are used to buy new rods, lines, repairs and lures and to pay for entering fishing spots (!!!). Yes, in this 5 dollar game you have to PAY ingame currency to even play. This is about one of the greediest games I have ever played.

You need bucks to upgrade your gear and your fish tank (the only way to catch higher level fish is to upgrade the tank) and to buy certain items in the store. So you will be low on bucks almost all the time but don't worry: There are IAPs which will let you buy bucks at exorbitant sums of your hard earned real life cash. Just great!

Another way this pathetic excuse for a game uses to grab your money is item degradation. After fishing for a couple of minutes your gear becomes worn out and unusable. Then you have two choices: Exit the fishing spot (and later pay to enter it again) and repair your gear with coins or stay and repair your gear on the spot with bucks.

The gameplay is pretty straight forward. You flick your iDevice to cast your lure and then move your finger in a circular motion on the screen to reel it in. You have to watch the line tension bar or otherwise your line snaps and you lose your lure (so you have to buy it again). Sometimes while struggling with a fish an option to flick your device will appear and if you do you can reel in for a nanosecond or so without worrying about line tension.

This is just a minigame they took and made something that kinda resembles a game around. Laughable! I have no idea why they called this "Real Fishing" it has NOTHING to do with real fishing at all. "Legend of the River King" for GameBoy was a more realistic fishing game than this atrocity.
There are no realistic fish (you catch aquarium fish, really???), only one (!!!) fishing technique (no fly fishing etc) and the locations are unrealistic too.

Purchase at own risk, you have been warned.
Been saying this for a long time myself! Catching aquarium fish is ridiculous! Whatever. What do you expect from PNJ? Same old-same old.. ;(