iPad: Galactic Conflict - Real-Time Strategy (RTS), Single & Multiplayer: March 2013

02-28-2013, 09:07 AM
Galactic Conflict - Real-Time Strategy (RTS), Single & Multiplayer: March 2013

Hello guys,

we are about to release Galactic Conflict RTS, a large-scale real-time strategy (RTS) game for iOS. It was explicitly developed for the iPad and after almost 2 years in development (and beta), we're happy to release it to the AppStore on
Thursday March 14, 2013

Here's the Official Trailer:

A few facts about the game:
  • Competitive "true" RTS game set in a SciFi space environment.
  • Comprehensive tutorial introducing gameplay and units.
  • Single player campaign (12 missions).
  • Skirmish against the AI (4 difficulty settings).
  • Online synchronous multiplayer (ranked, 1v1, 2v2, via Game Center).
  • Two distinct factions with their own play style, tech tree, ships, voice acting, music, etc.
  • Large space fleets (200 max supply) for some epic battles.
  • 26 different ships ranging from small but nimble fighters, corvettes, frigates to gigantic capital ships.
  • Balanced Gameplay (we'll continue tweaking based on stats we collect and your feedback).

I'm a huge RTS fan myself and it's pretty sad that this genre is so underrepresented on the AppStore when the iPad is actually such a great platform for RTS games. We'll also constantly work on the game balance after release since it is pretty essential for multiplayer. Almost all balancing aspects can be controlled without any need of Apple review so we can really fine-tune balance as needed.

That's the good news, now the bad news.

Hardware Requirements: iPad2+, iPhone4+, iPod Touch 5 Gen

There's a lot going on in the game with strikecraft dogfighting or doing bomber passes, players being able to build big space fleets with lots of ships so I'm sorry but we can't support older devices on that scale.

You can find screenshots and more information about the game (like detailled info on all ships in the game) at http://galactic.bitmen-studios.com.

Hope I can have a multiplayer match with some of you guys once it will be out, beta games have been a heck of fun but now we need fresh meat.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, I'm visting the TA forums regularly anyway.

Cheers,
Mark.

Bitmen Studios - We bring the Bits together.
Galactic Conflict RTS Air Force vs Luftwaffe.
Follow me on Twitter @BitmenStudios or visit my Indie Developer Blog

Last edited by MarkFromBitmenStudios; 03-07-2013 at 05:25 AM.
02-28-2013, 09:58 AM
Thanks for supporting us small screen folks and single player; instabuy here.

02-28-2013, 10:30 AM
RTS fans rejoice!

I've been patiently waiting, and now it's almost here! This game is a day one purchase for me.

Slava Isusu Christu!
02-28-2013, 11:14 AM
Woah I'm glad I stumbled across this thread I love rts games and this looks like an insta buy from me.
02-28-2013, 04:13 PM
Neat! 2D or 3D RTS? I miss Homeworld. :/

I play lots of games, especially async ones. You can add me on GC: geoelectric
02-28-2013, 05:44 PM
Wow. My only thing to save.
02-28-2013, 06:32 PM
Awesome!

Looks great...and it's too bad that there aren't more great RTS ports as well as unique IPs made specifically for iPad.

Anyway looking forward to the release!

Xbox - Playstation - Nintendo - iOS - Android
03-01-2013, 03:46 AM
Looks interesting, even for me who is more inclined towards turnbased games.
Hophop, on my watchlist you go!
03-01-2013, 09:12 AM
Wow looks very promising. Hope it's a true RTS - i.e. build bases or whatever - as well as resource collection.

Any idea on installed app size ?
03-02-2013, 08:13 AM
This is my kind of game!!Cant wait for this to come out this month..hehe