Support our Sponsors:

Old 03-01-2013, 05:13 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 8.x

Default Cosmic Mechanic

Hello,

I'm gimblll (http://twitter.com/gimblll) and I've been doing a game called Cosmic Mechanic for a while now on my free time.

Cosmic Mechanic is a building game for iPad (works on iPad1 too), where you must build various vehicles and gadgets to traverse the various levels to progress and accomplish the level goals. It has 4 gameplay modes, and a total of about 50 levels.

A few screenshots:

More in-depth post about the game can be read here http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=31609.0.

I'd also like to have a few more testers on the project, if there's any interest here, get in touch.

Thanks!
Old 03-01-2013, 05:40 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Someone is gonna mention Bad Piggies sooner or later, so I'll get in there first

Judging by the second image it looks like there's more freedom for complicated machines in this though... I'm liking it. Sounds like you've got enough unique ideas here to set your game apart.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:53 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Sent a PM to test.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:15 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Someone is gonna mention Bad Piggies sooner or later, so I'll get in there first

Judging by the second image it looks like there's more freedom for complicated machines in this though... I'm liking it. Sounds like you've got enough unique ideas here to set your game apart.
Thanks! Yeah, I was pretty depressed when I saw the first trailer of Bad Piggies. I'd been doing this project long before I ever heard of it, this was mostly inspired by the brilliant old game Bridge Builder. Anyway, the biggest player in the business doing the same game as me, so I thought I might just as well give up. Fortunately it turned out that their approach is quite different in the end, so I think both can be enjoyed as their own games. Not that there's any competition anyway, I'm happy if my game sells 100 copies whereas they're probably not happy with 1 million.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:02 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 8.x

Put together a video of the gameplay. The game should be done in a few weeks, after which I'll upload it to Apple for review.

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 03-14-2013, 11:15 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Still liking this a lot. Anything to do with physics and creative construction is good in my book. Will it support the retina display on iPads?
Old 03-14-2013, 11:21 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
Still liking this a lot. Anything to do with physics and creative construction is good in my book. Will it support the retina display on iPads?
Yep, it's full 2048x1536 resolution on retina iPads.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:25 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimblll View Post
Yep, it's full 2048x1536 resolution on retina iPads.
Thank you! It's refreshing to get a straight answer around here. Non-native resolutions really bug me and not many developers give us the info upfront. I plan to buy this the day it releases
Old 03-14-2013, 11:28 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
Thank you! It's refreshing to get a straight answer around here. Non-native resolutions really bug me and not many developers give us the info upfront. I plan to buy this the day it releases
No problem! It runs at steady 60fps too. I'm happy to talk to anyone who's interested in it, since there really haven't been that many people so far.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:33 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimblll View Post
No problem! It runs at steady 60fps too. I'm happy to talk to anyone who's interested in it, since there really haven't been that many people so far.
I blame the iPad forum, it tends to get ignored a bit. Even by people who own iPads because they can still find universal games in the iPhone section. Have you posted on the PIGineering Facebook page? It's a popular Bad Piggies fanpage and they love all the mechanics stuff so they'd probably be interested. I was about to go and suggest it to them myself.