★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

League of Legends is now available for the Mac!!!

03-01-2013, 12:54 PM
#1
Joined: Feb 1983
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,268,019
League of Legends is now available for the Mac!!!

If you haven't tried this yet, you have to. This is seriously my favorite computer game of all time, and will change what you think of free to play in general.

SIGN UP HERE then DOWNLOAD THE MAC CLIENT HERE. If you have a PC, well, you don't need to do anything fancy other than hit the sign up link and download the normal client.

Seriously, give this shit a try. Also read this if you want to know why League of Legends is important even in the scope of iOS- http://toucharcade.com/2011/05/11/th...ue-of-legends/
03-01-2013, 04:46 PM
#2
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Houston/Austin, TX
Posts: 13,322
RTS for scrubs xP. Guess that's why it's so popular; it appeals to the casual crowd. It's surpassed StarCraft II now in terms of eSports. Been waiting for the Mac client though, so I'll be giving it a download.

Twitter: @back2this

03-01-2013, 06:56 PM
#3
Joined: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,759
Is this game the bomb? Is it better than Starcraft and Warcraft?
03-01-2013, 11:56 PM
#4
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 2,539
This game is awesome especially if you have friends who play it. I've been playing on the unofficial non-riot made mac client so it'll be interesting to see if it offers any improvements performance wise.

Add Me on Gamecenter/Steam: Fireball926
03-02-2013, 12:29 AM
#5
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Brazil
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Is this game the bomb? Is it better than Starcraft and Warcraft?
If you've played Heroes or Order and Chaos Online, you'll know how this game is. LoL is the one Gameloft copied when making HOC (imo HOC looks much more like LoL than DotA). Except League of Legends has 110 heroes, more complexity etc, but the Gameloft game got pretty close (I've been enjoying Heroes of Order and Chaos immensely).

GameCenter: *kioshi*
Gameloft: kioshi

Last edited by kioshi; 03-02-2013 at 12:33 AM.
03-02-2013, 12:38 AM
#6
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
RTS for scrubs xP. Guess that's why it's so popular; it appeals to the casual crowd. It's surpassed StarCraft II now in terms of eSports. Been waiting for the Mac client though, so I'll be giving it a download.
I wouldn't call it a casual game, but I still don't see the appeal. My friend tried to get me into it once and all we did was the same thing over and over. I wasn't big on WoW dungeons either.
03-02-2013, 03:29 AM
#7
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Houston/Austin, TX
Posts: 13,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I wouldn't call it a casual game, but I still don't see the appeal. My friend tried to get me into it once and all we did was the same thing over and over. I wasn't big on WoW dungeons either.
Ah, I just meant it was a lot more casual than other RTS titles. Games like StarCraft II are much less accessible.
03-02-2013, 03:45 AM
#8
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: The red Skittle
Posts: 5,506
League is awesome.



Need proofreading, editing or writing done for your game?
Contact me via PM or email and we can talk.
03-15-2013, 05:24 PM
#9
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,141
This game is what made me fade away from iOS..

im back guys!
03-15-2013, 05:39 PM
#10
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Houston/Austin, TX
Posts: 13,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by phattestfatty View Post
This game is what made me fade away from iOS..
Lol.