Old 03-03-2013, 05:30 PM

Default Fable Kingdom HD

Old 03-03-2013, 08:53 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

do i need internet to play?
Old 04-27-2013, 08:44 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

4evErXx:

Nope, you can play offline. You'll get an error about not being able to update/find prices for some of the IAP, but you can still play.

I just found this thread. I've been playing the Android version of this on my Nexus 7. It's actually better than I expected. As a warning, it does have some of the most hated conventions in gaming; play/wait timers and aggressive IAP. However, you don't have to buy any IAP to progress; I've made it to level 21 without spending a dime. The graphics are charming and the story is mildly amusing so far (even with the iffy translation.)

Anyway, they introduced a new Magic Words system in the latest update (not sure if it's hit the iOS version yet). I couldn't find a thread for the game anywhere except Facebook (and I don't have a Facebook account), so I thought I'd post my own magic word for others to use here.

If you enter it in the game, supposedly you get an in-game bonus (crystals probably?) I think it only works once, and I'm not sure if it works cross-platform, but I'll post it just in case:

VENISTOICORUM FANATIONE
Old 04-27-2013, 09:22 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puce Moose View Post
4evErXx:

Nope, you can play offline. You'll get an error about not being able to update/find prices for some of the IAP, but you can still play.

I just found this thread. I've been playing the Android version of this on my Nexus 7. It's actually better than I expected. As a warning, it does have some of the most hated conventions in gaming; play/wait timers and aggressive IAP. However, you don't have to buy any IAP to progress; I've made it to level 21 without spending a dime. The graphics are charming and the story is mildly amusing so far (even with the iffy translation.)

Anyway, they introduced a new Magic Words system in the latest update (not sure if it's hit the iOS version yet). I couldn't find a thread for the game anywhere except Facebook (and I don't have a Facebook account), so I thought I'd post my own magic word for others to use here.

If you enter it in the game, supposedly you get an in-game bonus (crystals probably?) I think it only works once, and I'm not sure if it works cross-platform, but I'll post it just in case:

VENISTOICORUM FANATIONE
They did that to further link their two games, I think - they also made Fairy Farm, which has magic words (and recently had some characters from Fable Kingdom in quests ). The thread for Fairy Farm is here, so you can post and see if they can be cast in either game. If not, you have a good chance of finding people who play both.

I tried this one for a while because I really, really like Fairy Farm - level 42 and yet to spend a dime, hooray Tap Joy - and found it too frustrating, which was disappointing. The timers always seemed too long and it just didn't click with me. FF has timers as well, but I feel like they're handled better.

It's a cute little game though, I'd recommend giving it a try for anyone who likes these types of simulation games. You might want to try Fairy Farm too, Puce Moose.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:35 PM

Enriana:

Nice, thanks for the information. I'll check that out. I don't usually play these sorts of games, but they make kind of a nice break between the RPGs/FPS I usually play. Scratches an itch, I guess.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:58 AM
Banned
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

This isn't related to the Fable games on Xbox is it?
Old 04-28-2013, 11:41 AM

Nope, there doesn't seem to be any relation to the XBOX Fable game based on what I've seen.