★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Disney
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 91.8 MB
  • Version: 1.6.7
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.5 (2)
App description: The most thrilling running experience now comes to the yellow brick road! Reached No. 1 across the globe within hours of launch! Check out all-new China Girl, and see what critics are saying about Temple Run: Oz

My favorite Temple Run game to date. TouchArcade
Lush environments, a tried-and-true game mechanic, and unique new worlds and mini-games that differentiate it from other Temple Run games. CNET
Prettier, faster, sleeker, and unafraid to go off the beaten path for a relaxing balloon ride. Kotaku

Disney and Imangi Studios present Temple Run: Oz a brand-new endless runner inspired by Temple Run 2 and the film Oz the Great and Powerful. Play as Oz and outrun the shrieking flying baboons as you turn, jump and slide your way across the land. Begin your exhilarating adventure now and see how far you can run!

NEW FEATURES

Run as China Girl and see Oz in different costumes change it up!
Stunning environments inspired by the film explore them all.
Fly in a hot air balloon earn even more coins.
Explore different locations in Oz follow sign posts or use head start feature!
The environment changes as you run test your reflexes.
Compete in weekly challenges & leaderboards beat your friends!

BONUS! Get 1500 coins for FREE when you download Temple Run: Oz today thats $.99 USD worth of coins to buy power-ups and more!

***For best results, play Temple Run: Oz on iOS 6.***
Dont forget to see Oz the Great and Powerful on DVD and Blu-ray!

Before you download this experience, please consider that this app contains social media links to connect with others, in-app purchases that cost real money, push notifications to let you know when we have exciting updates like new content, as well as advertising for The Walt Disney Family of Companies and some third parties.

TouchArcade Bot's comments:

03-05-2013, 02:51 AM
Well, that was quite an easy decision. Bought.

Get ready for an onslaught of facepalm-worthy comments both in this thread and the inevitable front-page article, folks!

03-05-2013, 02:55 AM
Screenshots 3 and 4 look interesting.. Maybe it's time for the fourth Temple Run app

Game Center: sink_or_swim
03-05-2013, 03:04 AM
Well, reading this, I'll put my thoughts up as someone dissapointed by Temple Run 2. I'm also basing this opinion off the description, as I don't want to get this game until I see videos of it (again, because of my TR2 dissapointment)

Honestly, it does catch my attention. Primarilly because it does something I haven't seen in a 3D endless runner (that comes to mind), which is change the entire environment in the area you are in. Do point me out on that if that has been done before

The hot air balloning part makes me think of both a mixture of the archery mini-game from Temple Run Brave and the mine cart from Temple Run 2. It does seem more towards the mine cart for me, though if someone could say what the life system for the hot air balloon segment, then it could be a worth addition

It's also nice that they are keeping the Temple Run 2 engine and not simply reverting back to the original Temple Run engine.

Also, by the look of screenshot 5, it looks like only the wizard Oz is playable in this, so if someone could confirm that, it would be nice. It would be better if we could switch into other charachters of the film and maybe even the orignal Oz movie

But yeah, seems like a nice game. Again, I'm being cautious due to the lack of videos about it, so don't trust this opinion yet
03-05-2013, 03:31 AM
If you're one of the people who complained when Temple Run 2 came out, nothing will pretty much change your opinion on this, but if you're still into the whole Temple Run thing (as far as endless runners go, from a gameplay-standpoint, it's still the best in my opinion), you'll love this. There's nothing you can really say about the game. It's gorgeous to look at, just as fun as always, yet another natural evolution for the series and will most definitely end up being the top paid app within the next few hours.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
03-05-2013, 03:50 AM
Is there a second currency (gems)?

Game Center: sink_or_swim
03-05-2013, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
Is there a second currency (gems)?
Naturally. Comparing this to Temple Run 2, this game is what Temple Run: Brave was to Temple Run...in a nutshell.

That does make sense, right? >_>

Disappointed that they chose to name this "TempleRunOz" on our devices as opposed to the usual "Temple Run" with "OZ" in the icon...it is there afterall.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 03-05-2013 at 03:58 AM.
03-05-2013, 04:03 AM
Just got to say, thought I was tired tog Temple Run, this breathes new life in the TR mode. I quite like this one very much!
03-05-2013, 04:05 AM
What?

Bought.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-05-2013, 04:19 AM
Filesize:

HD Gameplay Trailer following in less then...