Goat Up 2

03-05-2013, 02:32 PM
Goat Up 2

Goat Up 2 has been submitted to Apple.

You can find some videos of the level editor and gameplay here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/stinkyox?feature=g-subs-u

Last edited by McGannahann; 03-06-2013 at 09:16 AM.
03-05-2013, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGannahann View Post
Goat Up 2 has been submitted to the Apple.

You can find some videos of the editor and gameplay here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/stinkyox?feature=g-subs-u
Sweet I loved the first game.

03-05-2013, 03:47 PM
I have been waiting for the 'submitted' news. & that video... Just makes it seem like the most zoinked-out Minter title yet! I'm very much looking forward to this. Jeff is such a singular talent. I sincerely hope that his recent frustrations with iOS development (read his twitter) doesn't spill over into abandoning the platform, it would be a tremendous loss to iOS if he went elsewhere with his artistry. Such a shame to hear someone so clearly suited to iOS struggling for an audience.
03-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Excellent news!

Here's that video embedded:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
03-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeranth View Post
Such a shame to hear someone so clearly suited to iOS struggling for an audience.
That is a shame indeed. Goat Up is a great game and I'm really looking forward to the sequel. It's exactly like you say: the game fits the platform so well. His other games are in genres I don't really play, but maybe I should buy them anyway just to show my support (I know, I know, paying 1,80 isn't exactly "supporting" anyone, but still).

[edit]Just bougt FiveADay. I love plant foods so I should have bought this long ago even if just for the icon. It's fun to try out games I wouldn't otherwise play.

I actually think Llamasoft might be one of those companies that could charge $5 for their games, instead of 1 or 2, but maybe he already experimented with that? It does seem to work for some established devs.

Last edited by lena; 03-05-2013 at 04:20 PM.
03-05-2013, 04:50 PM
$5 would still be a bargain. IMO.
03-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Quote:
I sincerely hope that his recent frustrations with iOS development (read his twitter) doesn't spill over into abandoning the platform, it would be a tremendous loss to iOS if he went elsewhere with his artistry. Such a shame to hear someone so clearly suited to iOS struggling for an audience.
2nded.

And once again, I declare this to be...awesome!!
03-05-2013, 05:24 PM
Quote:
I sincerely hope that his recent frustrations with iOS development (read his twitter) doesn't spill over into abandoning the platform, it would be a tremendous loss to iOS if he went elsewhere with his artistry. Such a shame to hear someone so clearly suited to iOS struggling for an audience.
3rded
03-06-2013, 07:57 AM
Here is a link to The Grunting Ox blog post, with some more info about GU2.

http://minotaurproject.co.uk/blog/
03-08-2013, 04:56 PM
It's good that Llamasoft is trying the three dollar price point.