App description: **Please see DEVICE REQUIREMENTS before downloading.

A great introduction to an immensely clever and entertaining comic series thats worth checking out. For fans of the Atomic Robo comic series, this is a must-have game.
-Geekexchange

Gameplay, level design, kicka$$ music- it all exceeds the high hopes I had. A wonderfully awesome iPhone game.
-James Asmus, Writer (Thief of Thieves, X-Men, Captain America, and more.)

"Violent Science is Robo-Tastic"
-igameradio

OK, I havent played it yet, but its Atomic Robo so I am buying it anyway.
-Kotaku

Device Requirements:
iOS version 6.1.2 or greater.
iPhone 4 and above
iPad Gen 2 and above
iPod touch Gen 5 and above
iPad Mini

*If you are having installation troubles, please visit bit.ly/fixrobo to get going! If you're still having trouble, email support@secondfiction.com and we'll get you up and running. Thanks for your patience!

-You are Atomic Robo, a quick witted adventurer, scientist, automaton extraordinaire!
-5 worlds and over 15 stages of running, bashing, jumping and more.
-Collect gears to upgrade robotics/abilities and obtain help from fellow Action Scientists.
-Based on the popular Graphic Novel by Brian Clevinger and Scott Wegener.
-Enjoy the story as it unfolds between and during levels.
-Universal app for any of your favorite iOS devices!
-Awesome video game soundtrack by Virtual Boy and Antiskill.
-Coming soon for even more phones, tablets, and devices!
-DLC/IAP coming soon with more levels and even more customization.
-Introductory .99 price! Get it while its a steal.

If you love Atomic Robo and his Fightin Scientists of Tesladyne, you should get in on the brand new video game adaptation of the exciting Graphic Novel series by Brian Clevinger and Scott Wegener. Use SCIENCE over braun in this action-filled platforming game with the charm of the 8 and 16 bit titles you remember fondly. Test your reflexes, coordination and memory as you race through dry landscapes, abandoned warehouses, caverns and more in an abandoned soviet weapons depot. Superscientist Helsingard is looking for something and youve gotta get there first. The story roughly follows the much anticipated animated short film being produced by theFictory.

About Atomic Robo:
The culmination of Nikola Teslas life and work is Atomic Robo. He's a humanoid automoton with a big robot brain and a quirky disposition. Robo now heads up Tesladyne Industries with a team of highly trained scientific minds and an arsenal of futuristic weaponry.

metalcasket's comments:
03-09-2013, 12:56 AM
Just based on the video, it looks like a variant of the iOS "Runner Where Someone Is Chasing You" genre. Yes, no?

03-09-2013, 01:16 AM
A few more questions, just in case the dev finds this thread:

"DLC/IAP coming soon with more levels and even more customization." Does this mean that all future levels added will be IAP? Also, what will the regular price be after 99 cents, and what will the DLC levels cost?

I'll especially be looking forward to anyone's impressions after playing this through.
03-09-2013, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
Gah, was too busy on the new thread to catch a code here. Looking forward to hearing game impressions.
Unfortunately you won't be hearing some impressions from me for quite a while. The game absolutely refuses to run on my iPhone 4 (after the Second Fiction logo the screen just goes black) and I don't have access to my iPad for quite a while. :/

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
03-09-2013, 02:02 AM
Developer here! Metal Casket, we've tested on tons of units and the first we hear of your problem. We are working on a few improvements and will immediately try to reproduce your error so we can see what might be wrong.
03-09-2013, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarchitect View Post
Developer here! Metal Casket, we've tested on tons of units and the first we hear of your problem. We are working on a few improvements and will immediately try to reproduce your error so we can see what might be wrong.
Let me try deleting the game and downloading it over again. I'll be back in bit!

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
03-09-2013, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
Just based on the video, it looks like a variant of the iOS "Runner Where Someone Is Chasing You" genre. Yes, no?
Dunno what to say? Yeah? But it didn't really emerge as a copy of a game or game genre. We just wanted to make a retro-looking platformer based on our favorite indie comic series.

Seems to me runners exist as a mode of trying to cope with not having a joystick. That's where we were coming from, anyway.

If you end up playing, let us know how it differs (or not)
03-09-2013, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Let me try deleting the game and downloading it over again. I'll be back in bit!
I appreciate your extra work to try to get it going. Also, just as a troubleshooting method, maybe close any other apps as well?
03-09-2013, 02:21 AM
Game's working! Impressions in a bit!

03-09-2013, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarchitect View Post
Dunno what to say? Yeah? But it didn't really emerge as a copy of a game or game genre. We just wanted to make a retro-looking platformer based on our favorite indie comic series.

Seems to me runners exist as a mode of trying to cope with not having a joystick. That's where we were coming from, anyway.

If you end up playing, let us know how it differs (or not)
Thanks for replying; nice to see you here.

I wasn't meaning to sound like that was a bad thing. I like several games in that sub-genre, I just wasn't sure if that was the whole of the gameplay based on my limited sampling via the promo video. I'll look forward to playing it, and hope the launch goes well for you.