Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 03-10-2013, 08:54 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Default What's your favorite CD to listen to while gaming?

Alrighty - I know that there's quite a few of you out there that hate listening to video game music, and prefer to listen to your own choice of music while gaming. I was just wondering what your favorite, or couple of favorite, albums are for gaming?
Old 03-10-2013, 11:17 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Do people still listen to CDs?!
I listen to playlists that suit the game. I have a sci Fi playlist with a few Hans Zimmer scores and Mass Effect soundtracks on it which I play when the appropriate games audio is sucky.
I also have a fantasy based one and a horror one. I just pick the playlist which suits the game.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:22 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Yes... well... I do. Nothing beats physical copies of CDs. Right now, my 'actual' CD collection is around 1000 (I know it's not much, but I've had MASSES of albums stolen from 'friends'... and a couple years ago, I accidentally left my backpack with a 600 CD case holder in it on the bus which, of course, was stolen by the time I called the bus company and had them call the driver to check for it) - but yes, I still buy CDs. =o)

But for the rest of you - I guess a better way to phrase it for... well... most everyone else, would be - what songs/artists do you listen to while gaming. Or do you guys just have a specific genre that you throw on, or what?
Old 03-10-2013, 12:13 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Yes... well... I do. Nothing beats physical copies of CDs. Right now, my 'actual' CD collection is around 1000 (I know it's not much, but I've had MASSES of albums stolen from 'friends'... and a couple years ago, I accidentally left my backpack with a 600 CD case holder in it on the bus which, of course, was stolen by the time I called the bus company and had them call the driver to check for it) - but yes, I still buy CDs. =o)

But for the rest of you - I guess a better way to phrase it for... well... most everyone else, would be - what songs/artists do you listen to while gaming. Or do you guys just have a specific genre that you throw on, or what?
I also love my old cds, have about 500 of them and treasure them as much as my game collection.

On topic I usually just let some of my playlists with Zeppellin, Hendrix and oldies in that vein run while gaming specially on sports games in which hearing the same dumb arse comments gets old quick. On rpgs and action games I usually let the audio on as to take in the whole experience.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:06 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

At the moment - the soundtrack of Dustforce is my most-listened to. That and a couple of the VVVVV tracks too.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Deputy View Post
Do people still listen to CDs?!
I listen to playlists that suit the game. I have a sci Fi playlist with a few Hans Zimmer scores and Mass Effect soundtracks on it which I play when the appropriate games audio is sucky.
I also have a fantasy based one and a horror one. I just pick the playlist which suits the game.
What's a CD? Is that a small record?
Old 03-10-2013, 05:23 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Pretty much all of my music is digital based

Anyways, I don't really listen to music with my iPod games. Console games where there isn't story (like free play) I just put my music on. With iOS games, I like to make playlists with a kind of general feel of the game. For example, Real Racing 3 has an electronicore soundtrack, whilst Table Top Racing has a straight-rock soundtrack
Old 03-10-2013, 05:26 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

So difficult to choose, man!

Probably if I'd have to pick my all time most played it would be Alexisonfire selftitled/eponymous album.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:06 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

i dont have a cd drive on my ipad so i stick with itunes
generally listen to game music but when i dont its either
scorn/mick harris, meat beat manifesto, these arms are snakes, aphex twin, st germain or techno animal/justin broadrick
Old 03-11-2013, 05:09 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

CDs suck dude! The only good part about owning them was the artwork/booklet, but they're just a poor man's version of what you used to get with vinyl. I've got a ton of digital music though, I think I tend to choose an album based on what kind of game it is. With puzzle games I just go for whatever I'm listening to at the moment as they're not always trying to convey as much of a theme as games that put you right into their world.