Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-10-2013, 04:41 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Hazard Island - Quick dodging action game for iOS

Hey everyone,

Just an hour after announcing it in upcoming games, Apple approved it! Hazard Island is my latest (3rd) iOS game. I created it as a prototype game about 2 years ago and never got around to making it into a complete game, until now.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hazard-island/id605064220?ls=1&mt=8

Last month (February) I decided to complete it, with two different worlds to dodge flaming lava rocks that drop down at an increasingly faster rate, game center leaderboards, achievements, iCade support, and much more.

Check it out on the app store - it is free to play with ad support, however you can remove the ads via a cheap in app purchase.

See the game being played on an iCade device here - you may wish to skip ahead to 2/3s the way through, as the game starts out slow, and gets faster and faster the longer you survive.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Normal touch controls work too of course - touch the left side of the screen to roll left, and the right for rolling right.

As a local islander, you must dodge the dangers of the perilous island volcanoes, rolling your way out of trouble, and dodging flying lava rocks that drop down at an increasingly faster rate as the volcanoes erupt!

Play across multiple islands and strive to dodge the highest number of lava rocks, competing for the highest scores and achievements with others on Game Center.

- iCade controller support (Bluetooth arcade stick / controller support)
- Retina and iPhone 5 optimized
- Different power ups to collect, like low gravity, health and coins
- 8 bit retro themed music and sound effects
- Game Center support

I am all up for suggestions, bugs notifications etc, so if you get a chance to try it, please post some feedback! I like to listen to players out there and add new features/improvements based on feedback.

Last edited by Shoganator; 03-10-2013 at 06:56 PM..