Pop-Up Ads in Toucharcade App

03-11-2013, 04:33 PM
Pop-Up Ads in Toucharcade App

I understand the need to stick the odd banner here and there, but the pop-up advert in the iOS app is really getting on my nerves.

It's the kind of thing that could drive me away.
03-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancj View Post
I understand the need to stick the odd banner here and there, but the pop-up advert in the iOS app is really getting on my nerves.

It should only pop-up once for the duration of the ad.

arn

03-11-2013, 06:37 PM
It should, but is it?
03-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxcelis View Post
It should, but is it?
Is it popping up by itself more frequently than once?

arn
03-12-2013, 02:20 AM
It popped up once for me, it's now permanent on the frontpage of the app. It's annoying, I click on the ad instead of the "News & Reviews" column. Maybe an IAP to remove the ads is a good idea, because I want to ads to be gone, and this way I can support Toucharcade too.
03-12-2013, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater View Post
It popped up once for me, it's now permanent on the frontpage of the app. It's annoying, I click on the ad instead of the "News & Reviews" column. Maybe an IAP to remove the ads is a good idea, because I want to ads to be gone, and this way I can support Toucharcade too.
Anti-hassle IAP would be a little annoying when it was hassle free before, but that last sentiment would compel me to pop for it too.
03-13-2013, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancj View Post

Ha-ha! To where? Android? You ain't seen nothing yet 'til you play with THAT!
03-18-2013, 09:27 PM
Never to android. But it got in my face again this evening. Sooo, it's a guarantee that I won't click it, won't download whatever game is advertised and Ill let the publisher know I don't like it.

Can't really do more than that. Well, I could quit using the TA app and stick to the website with an ad blocker.

There's ads then there's maternal couitus ads that do nothing but get accidental clicks and piss off people.
03-18-2013, 10:45 PM
I've never seen this and I use the app daily, is it regional?

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
03-19-2013, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I've never seen this and I use the app daily, is it regional?