Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-12-2013, 06:34 AM

Default Slitherine's Legion

Old 03-12-2013, 06:35 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Anyone played this? Looks pretty cool I might pick it up.

Edit: nvm bought it, looks to cool to pass on.

Last edited by oooooomonkey; 03-12-2013 at 06:49 AM..
Old 03-12-2013, 08:00 AM
iPhone (Original), OS 3.x

Looks really good, will snag this next time I have some spare cash. Will be jonesing for some trip reports until then.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:10 AM

Looks too good to pass up.

Might be risky, but here's hoping!

Old 03-12-2013, 09:33 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Downloaded...

59.2MB installed size.
No settings option in the main menu.

Manual in the app is 22 double pages long.

I started the tutorial game and was greeted by the prompt that storage space was low. I thought it was referring to my iPad, but it might actually be referring to the situation in game. The tutorial scenario provided no further prompts and I don't really have the time now to go through the manual in detail. I did move my legionnaires onto the nearest different coloured stqck of legionnaires, but that did not trigger any battle.

Found settings for sound effects and music once the scenario loaded and shut off the music. Saved the game, quit it. Forced quit it. Restarted Slitherine's Legion and the music blared when the app started up. Maybe it is savegame specific, so I loaded my savegame but the music continued playing, then I checked the settings once my game has loaded and the music settings is back to its default position. Another game that doesn't save settings. Why?

Time to hit the sack.

Last edited by iPadisGreat; 03-12-2013 at 09:57 AM..
Old 03-12-2013, 09:38 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Well, I got it and spent only a few minutes with it because there are more important matters at hand as the 'End Game' expansion for Battlefield 3 came out today....sooooo, you know there's that.

Anyway, it seems like a great 4X game...a little old school but very deep. Seems to run smooth and has a nice UI which is simple and easy to learn. It also has a great 'help guide' that explains everything in the game and then some. The combat is strategic and tactical....and it looks cool when the battle happens, allowing you to see any mistakes or what worked and what didn't so you can change/experiment with new formations and strategies.

I am dying to play more Legion (and Galactic Conflict) .........but what can I say? I am a Battlefield WHORE and it causes me to neglect many other great games that I have.

Bottom line is that this is another great, polished strategy game from the Slitherine guys and I greatly appreciate their efforts in bringing over their catalog of awesome games!

Thanks to Pip and Iain for all their work and correspondence here on the forums....and here's to their continued success!

So having said all that.....where's GREAT BATTLES MEDIEVAL??!!

Last edited by Twenty One; 03-12-2013 at 12:50 PM..
Old 03-12-2013, 09:55 AM

iPhone support?....
Old 03-12-2013, 09:58 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesp67 View Post
iPhone support?....
Slitherine's Legion seems to be an iPad game currently...
Old 03-12-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesp67 View Post
iPhone support?....
Legion is iPad only currently. We had it running on the iPhone, but the UI was just 10% too small to be easily usable. If there is demand we will look at tweaking things to allow it to run on the smallscreen too!

Cheers

Pip
Old 03-12-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
Downloaded...

59.2MB installed size.
No settings option in the main menu.

Manual in the app is 22 double pages long.

I started the tutorial game and was greeted by the prompt that storage space was low. I thought it was referring to my iPad, but it might actually be referring to the situation in game. The tutorial scenario provided no further prompts and I don't really have the time now to go through the manual in detail. I did move my legionnaires onto the nearest different coloured stqck of legionnaires, but that did not trigger any battle.

Found settings for sound effects and music once the scenario loaded and shut off the music. Saved the game, quit it. Forced quit it. Restarted Slitherine's Legion and the music blared when the app started up. Maybe it is savegame specific, so I loaded my savegame but the music continued playing, then I checked the settings once my game has loaded and the music settings is back to its default position. Another game that doesn't save settings. Why?

Time to hit the sack.
Hmmm - it most definitely should save the ingame settings. I will check it out. Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers

Pip