★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "This is anarchic, free-wheeling indie gaming at its finest, and shows just how far a bit of innovation can go"
9 out of 10, Gold Award - Pocket Gamer

Nominated: Best Sports/Racing Game - Pocket Gamer Awards 2014
Selected for NEW & NOTEWORTHY in 61 countries
Featured by Apple in their TABLETOP GAMES, ONLY ON THE APP STORE and BENCHMARK GAMES: INTUITIVE CONTROLS selections

4/5 - Touch Arcade
7/10 - EDGE Magazine
4/5 - Gamezebo
4/5 - 148Apps.com

The future's wildest sport is back! Take on your friends in crazy hoverbike battles to become the ultimate champion. Share the iPad and fight for victory in the game where pushing, shoving, and stealing each other's characters isn't just allowed it's encouraged!

Based on the ancient 20th Century sport known as "soccer", the Slamjet Stadium tournament is the biggest event of the galactic calendar. Arenas are filled with deadly saws, mysterious wormholes and ridiculous power-ups, and the rules are there to be broken!

But this is the year 2113, and shadowy figures lie in the background - figures from Earth's past with plans to use the tournament for their own nefarious purposes...

Grab your players with your fingers, pull back to charge a shot and release to send them flying! Bash the ball into the goal! Take on the challenging computer-controlled teams in Solo mode, or take on a friend in chaotic match-ups on a shared iPad!

--- Accolades ---

New & Noteworthy in 61 countries!

"A fantastic example of the kind of innovative gaming that could only really work on a touch based tablet"
148Apps

"Slamjet Stadium is an absolute hoot for solo and multiple players alike. We suggest you flick it to the top of your to-play pile pretty sharpish."
4 out of 4, Padvance

"Its impossible to describe how much chaos can be involved and how competitive games can get."
ClamDownTom

"Tons of action-packed twists every way you turn, and that frantic addictiveness of a great arcade game"
GameZebo

"Alistair Aitchesons air-hockey remix is scrappy, silly sporting madness."
Edge Online

"Slamjet Stadium is a must-buy for fans of frantic, action-packed sports games with a killer multi-player mode for when youve got company"
Dial-a-phone

"Slamjet Stadium is a must-download"
Guardian Apps Blog

metalcasket's comments:
03-13-2013, 12:12 PM
Thanks for putting this up In case anyone's interested there's more info at www.slamjetstadium.com and I write fairly frequently about making the game on my blog.

Let me know if you have any questions!

03-13-2013, 02:46 PM
It's no secret I've really been looking forward to this. It's already out where I am, but I'm waiting till my girlfriend sleeps to start working on tonight's haul. Just curious...this is completely free of IAPs, right?

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
03-13-2013, 05:06 PM
Superb, superb game. Feels great, looks absolutely wonderful, it doesn't even feel like a video game at times. Can't recommend this enough. Alister, you've outdone yourself. This is perfect in every single way.

Minor nitpicking about the app title having ellipses on our devices though. Any way that could be changed to either Slamjet S. or S. Stadium?
03-13-2013, 07:53 PM
Thanks very much, metalcasket! Really glad you're enjoying it!

Yeah, I can change the short app title in an update. I think it'll probably be Slamjet S. unless I can think of anything cleverer
03-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Same question I have to ask every time a new iPad only game comes out - Is there an iPhone version in the works, or is this an iPad exclusive?

Check out my video reviews!Click here
03-14-2013, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair Aitcheson View Post
Thanks very much, metalcasket! Really glad you're enjoying it!

Yeah, I can change the short app title in an update. I think it'll probably be Slamjet S. unless I can think of anything cleverer
Awesome. Love this damn game so much. It just feels like it was ripped out of an arcade in the 90s. The music, the voiceovers, the sound effects, those colors... everything just reminds me of the countless hours I spent in the local arcade back in Oman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisko6 View Post
Same question I have to ask every time a new iPad only game comes out - Is there an iPhone version in the works, or is this an iPad exclusive?
It really wouldn't work. :/ There's just so much going at one time on your screen and without that extra screen estate, it would be far too crammed on an iPhone screen.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
03-14-2013, 05:05 AM
This is absolutely phenomenal. Looks great, feels great and controls great. I think it'd be worth a punt making it Universal. Wouldn't mind trying it on my phone. Sterling work anyhow.
03-14-2013, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamraman View Post
This is absolutely phenomenal. Looks great, feels great and controls great. I think it'd be worth a punt making it Universal. Wouldn't mind trying it on my phone. Sterling work anyhow.
Thanks very much! So glad you're having fun with it! To answer the questions about iPhone versions, it would take quite a bit of a redesign to make it work on the smaller screen - particularly the multiplayer - so I don't think a direct port would work.

I think if I were to do an iPhone version it would be a different game using the same core mechanics, to make something that makes the most of the smaller screen. I haven't worked out exactly what it would be yet, but it is a possibility
03-14-2013, 11:04 AM
9/10 from Pocketgamer. Congrats!