iPad: RPG & Dungeon Crawler Inspired by Retro Crawlers like Dungeon Master and EoB

03-16-2013, 09:30 AM
RPG & Dungeon Crawler Inspired by Retro Crawlers like Dungeon Master and EoB

Darkwurm is a dungeon crawler launching on iOS soon, inspired by retro games such as Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder. Please check out, share, tweet and generally let the world know about our latest work in progress demo.

Here's a sneak peek of a fraction of the gameplay you can expect from Darkwurm.... Enjoy and please share with your friends and other like-minded dungeon crawlers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kYQsL1GeO8&hd=1

This is just a taste of what will be on offer in Darkwurm (dev title).

Please follow us on Twitter and Facebook

https://twitter.com/BovineSoftware
http://www.facebook.com/BovineSoftware
03-16-2013, 10:24 AM
Will this be iPad only or will there be iPhone/iPod/Universal compatability? It looks promising.

Embedded video...

Youtube link | Pop Up

03-16-2013, 10:29 AM
Cheers!

We did a huge piece of work to make it universal, so it runs on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch. Resolution adjusts even for iPhone 5. I currently play it on my iPad Mini, but I'm always shocked when I test again on the 3G S just how well it works on the phone.
03-16-2013, 11:41 AM
Loved the work in progress demo, looking forward to playing the finished game.
03-16-2013, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bovine View Post
Cheers!

We did a huge piece of work to make it universal, so it runs on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch. Resolution adjusts even for iPhone 5. I currently play it on my iPad Mini, but I'm always shocked when I test again on the 3G S just how well it works on the phone.

HELLYEAH! I'll buy that instantly!
Do you have any idea how long I waited for a game like this on iOS? And it already looks really polished.

Btw., did you submit the app already or set a release date? And what will the price be?

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 03-16-2013 at 01:06 PM.
03-16-2013, 01:41 PM
Great to hear the enthusiasm!

We're a little ways off submission - best to keep up with progress on Bovine Software's Facebook page.

Price is still to be announced but will probably be in the premium end of the pricing range 2.99-3.99 GBP (4.99-7.99 USD) as the game isn't really suited or designed for the premium model. We *may* have entirely optional in-app purchases for those who want to buy every skill, though the game will certainly not require it and have difficulty levels to suit player ability.

We're expecting around 10 hours to complete on a first run, with plenty of replay value!

Last edited by Bovine; 03-17-2013 at 02:11 AM.
03-16-2013, 03:46 PM
Looks fantastic, great job.

Did you use Unity3d or something else?

Dungeon Plunder: an iOS Roguelike - Play for free now! Follow the updates on Twitter and on Facebook.
TA Forum Thread? Right here. Soundtrack is on iTunes

Last edited by DungeonPlunder; 03-16-2013 at 04:02 PM.
03-16-2013, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonPlunder View Post
Looks fantastic, great job.

Did you use Unity3d or something else?
Thanks a lot!

Yep we're using Unity 4 Pro with a Pro iOS plugin. A number of custom technologies built on Unity and in the Unity editor too. Plus a few off the shelf unity extensions.
03-16-2013, 08:34 PM
Looks great. Any tentative release date yet? Obviously don't rush. Quality is best!
03-16-2013, 11:46 PM
Thanks for making this universal! Count me in for Darkwurm... keep us updated on your progress.