Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-19-2013, 11:37 AM

Default Transistor - (by SupergiantGames)[Universal](From the Studio that created Bastion)

Quote:
We are very, very excited to reveal today a new game we’ve been working on here at Supergiant, a science-fiction-themed action RPG we’re calling Transistor. We’ll have an early build playable this week at PAX East at our booth #892, and right now, we have our reveal trailer! Check it out and read on.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Quote:
Transistor invites players to wield an extraordinary weapon of unknown origin as they explore a stunning futuristic city. We’re designing our next game to seamlessly integrate thoughtful strategic planning into a fast-paced action experience, complete with our studio’s signature melding of responsive gameplay and rich atmospheric storytelling. All of us from the Bastion development team are working together again on this new project, with the aid of a handful of talented new people who’ve joined us since Bastion’s launch.

Quote:
In Transistor, players assume the role of a young woman who gains control of a powerful weapon after a mysterious group of assailants nearly kills her with it. Now she must fight from street to street against forces that will stop at nothing to recover the weapon. During the course of the adventure, players will piece together the Transistor’s mysteries as they pursue its former owners.

We expect Transistor to be released in early 2014. We have not yet decided on which platform or platforms the game will be available for.

Quote:
We know you’ll have a lot of questions about Transistor, so we’ll be putting together a FAQ that addresses them, as well as answering more via Twitter and Facebook — and in person at PAX East this week! And now that the cat’s out of the bag, we’ll be keeping you posted on how development is coming along in the weeks and months to come. We can’t wait to hear what you think!

Last edited by Sanuku; 03-19-2013 at 11:53 AM..
Old 03-19-2013, 01:49 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Dat song!!!! I really loves supergiant songs!!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 01:54 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

i want it, nowwwww
Old 03-19-2013, 02:17 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Looks good but... A female protagonist?

Anyways, she reminds me of Cloud, with giant sword and the bike. Should still be instabuy for me, but i always preferred games where i could play a male avatar.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:24 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

I havent played Bastion (iPhone 4 here, and I bought it) yet, but dont have to see thats a gem, anxiously awaiting this one for sure... Just hope my iPhone 5 arrives soon...
Old 03-19-2013, 02:27 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

i'm actually glad they choose now a female character to give it a nice change from bastion

Anyway lest hope that it comes to ios

Quote:
We have not yet decided on which platform or platforms the game will be available for
Old 03-19-2013, 05:06 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I....have no words to express how excited I am.....I....I just have no words.

•••Spoiler:  I WANT THIS NOW
Old 03-19-2013, 06:35 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post

Anyways, she reminds me of Cloud, with giant sword and the bike. Should still be instabuy for me, but i always preferred games where i could play a male avatar.
To me, that came off as really sexist. It actually kind of hurt my feelings when you wrote that; it was like reading "seems like a cool game, but I play as a girl? Men are so much better."
Old 03-19-2013, 06:51 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
To me, that came off as really sexist. It actually kind of hurt my feelings when you wrote that; it was like reading "seems like a cool game, but I play as a girl? Men are so much better."
Im sure he didnt mean it that way
Old 03-19-2013, 08:26 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post

Yeah this did come as sexist dude. I'm sure you didn't mean it to come off that way but maybe a little more perspective is needed.

Anyway game looks great and I couldn't be more excited