★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: - "Indie Showcase Top 10 Award & Best Art Award." - Casual Connect Asia 2013

- "Appxplore brings us yet another fun and addicting puzzle game that is unique to any other." - GameDynamo, EDITORS' CHOICE!

- "Alien Hive looks and feels like the best puzzle game Ive played in a very long time... Its brilliant, addictive, and endlessly fun." - Arcade Sushi, 9/10 Stars!

- "A extremely addictive and surprisingly original title in the overly-crowded match-three puzzle genre. It combines block swapping with monster-collection and breeding. Well worth your time and your IAP money!" - LittleAppPreview, Score: 9/10

- It's a winning combination, with an almost perfect relaxation-to-robot ratio - KOTAKU

*Check out the BLITZ MODE Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUbjeXzooYk

Alien Hive is all about evolving aliens, blending match-3 with sliding tile puzzles for a game that feels both familiar and fresh. Swipe tiles to make matches combine eggs to hatch cute baby aliens, and then help them fully evolve into Supreme Aliens.

Match resource tiles for upgrades that let you take command of the board, with the goal of building the ultimate alien hive. Strategically avoid the villainous Bots, who block your progress, by crafting power-ups to eliminate these baddies. As you advance, you will uncover the mystery of the hidden aliens and tame the Red Planet!

Alien Hive Features:

* Evolving-aliens puzzle gameplay: hybrid of match-3 and sliding tile puzzles its a whole new type of puzzling fun
* Match tiles to harvest resources, grow new species of aliens and zap the villainous Bots
* Chill out: pastel graphics and mellow soundtrack, with no time limit to harsh the vibe
* Advance the alien society: collect and unleash dozens of Supreme Aliens
* Additional Fast-Action Fun BLITZ MODE.
* 70 Achievements to suit all styles of play
* 14 Achievements for Blitz Mode
* Auto save game progress
* High Score and Achievements sharing on Facebook
* Free to play universal app for iPad, iPhone
* iCloud & Game Center Support
* Over thousands of Power Boost combinations
* Level up your Supreme Aliens

If you face any technical issue on your device, appreciate if you can contact us prior to writing negative review. We will try to address the issue as soon as possible.

For the latest news, updates, and events LIKE us on Facebook.

Official
http://www.appxplore.com
Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/appxplore
Twitter
http://twitter.com/appxplore

Sanuku's comments:
Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 44.1 MB.

Price in NZ is Free.

Requirements:

Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Quote:
Alien Hive is all about evolving aliens, blending match-3 with sliding tile puzzles for a game that feels both familiar and fresh. Swipe tiles to make matches – combine eggs to hatch cute baby aliens, and then help them fully evolve into Supreme Aliens.

Match resource tiles for upgrades that let you take command of the board, with the goal of building the ultimate alien hive. Strategically avoid the villainous Bots, who block your progress, by crafting power-ups to eliminate these baddies. As you advance, you will uncover the mystery of the hidden aliens… and tame the Red Planet!

Alien Hive Features:

✔ Evolving-aliens puzzle gameplay: hybrid of match-3 and sliding tile puzzles… it’s a whole new type of puzzling fun
✔ Match tiles to harvest resources, grow new species of aliens and zap the villainous Bots
✔ Chill out: pastel graphics and mellow soundtrack, with no time limit to harsh the vibe
✔ Advance the alien society: collect and unleash dozens of Supreme Aliens
✔ 70 Achievements to suit all styles of play
✔ High Score and Achievements sharing on Facebook
✔ Free to play universal app for iPad, iPhone
✔ iCloud & Game Center Support

If you face any technical issue on your device, appreciate if you can contact us prior to writing negative review. We will try to address the issue as soon as possible.

For the latest news, updates, and events LIKE us on Facebook.

Official
http://www.appxplore.com
Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/appxplore
Twitter
http://twitter.com/appxplore








03-20-2013, 06:14 AM
#2
This looks pretty sweet but always wary of them being free lol. IAP alert!

03-20-2013, 06:31 AM
#3
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 13,405
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHItcherUK View Post
This looks pretty sweet but always wary of them being free lol. IAP alert!
At first, I thought that it was kinda pushed towards IAP - but once you get the mechanics down, it's really not.... though it still does kinda bother me that you can buy endless amounts of power-ups, and pretty much buy your way up the leaderboards. =o/

It's still worth checking out for free. I've been having fun with it.

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Bring Me Sandwiches, Phoenix HD, .Decluster Zero, Goblin Sword
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid (please say you're from TA)
03-20-2013, 06:34 AM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
At first, I thought that it was kinda pushed towards IAP - but once you get the mechanics down, it's really not.... though it still does kinda bother me that you can buy endless amounts of power-ups, and pretty much buy your way up the leaderboards. =o/

It's still worth checking out for free. I've been having fun with it.
Cheers dude I'll definitely give it a blast.
03-20-2013, 07:49 AM
#5
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: ID
Posts: 1,561
ugh.... i need to play harder for this one...

Game Center ID: copaeci
03-20-2013, 08:35 AM
#6
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 434
Just a heads up, this game is already out in the U.S.
03-20-2013, 02:45 PM
#7
Joined: May 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,302
I beta tested this game in its early stages. It was pretty cool. Then the dev just stopped contacting us. Eager to see the final product.
03-20-2013, 04:08 PM
#8
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 57
Send a message via AIM to AceSox Send a message via Skype™ to AceSox
This game is fun but makes me so angry lol. Matched 3 grown aliens thinking it was gonna evolve into something badass and I got an egg! How the hell are you supposed to get 3 eggs to match!
03-21-2013, 02:13 AM
#9
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,385
Not bad but is quite hard due to restricted number of moves, but is nicely put together otherwise.
03-21-2013, 06:35 AM
#10
Joined: May 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceSox View Post
This game is fun but makes me so angry lol. Matched 3 grown aliens thinking it was gonna evolve into something badass and I got an egg! How the hell are you supposed to get 3 eggs to match!
We have to be incredible strategists or a psychics to make every move 100% effective. Hah

I always run out of moves with baby aliens.