Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-20-2013, 07:47 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Video Poker ~ beautiful cards & no agressive IAP (by Happymagenta) [Universal]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 03-21-2013 at 11:38 PM.. Reason: fixed app info
Old 03-20-2013, 03:37 PM
iPhone 5

Love the idea of world rankings only to find ther isnt a New Zealand flag!!

Considering we have the most internet connections per capita in the world, Dissapointed.

Last edited by NZer; 03-20-2013 at 03:39 PM..
Old 03-20-2013, 03:57 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Ah, I meant to post here earlier! This game is awesome for anyone even remotely interested in video poker, or even poker in general as it'll help you to recognise good hands at a glance.

It's by the guys who did Pilot's Path, which was stunningly beautiful in high resolution, and the exact same is the case here. Every screen and menu has been meticulously crafted to look brilliant on all devices. Sounds like I'm just trying to sell on the dev's behalf here, but really I just love good-looking apps, and Happymagenta know how to make them.

Also, the IAP is great. I went into this game having never played video poker before, and only a moderate amount of Texas Hold 'em, and my chips have been steadily rising since I started. You get a bonus amount every day and a second bonus for time spent playing. I'm gonna go out on a sturdy limb and say that anyone who can play video poker can play this game without ever having to worry about running out of chips.

I haven't played any other video poker app on iOS, but I've had a look through the store and honestly can't see any reason why another one could beat this. It's simply been done right.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:04 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZer View Post
Love the idea of world rankings only to find ther isnt a New Zealand flag!!

Considering we have the most internet connections per capita in the world, Dissapointed.
Thanks for letting us know.

I've to apologize for this. We will be adding more countries with upcoming updates. Currently it uses Game Center for countries too, what limits the number of countries, or, actually, a total number of leaderboards we can use with the GC. We plan using our own server infrastructure in addition to GC. As soon as it's deployed, we add all countries.

We are very open for suggestions and requests, if anyone is willing to share or to send us directly to info@happymagenta.com - we aren't a huge company that mostly ignores customers.

Last edited by Happybyte; 03-20-2013 at 05:19 PM..
Old 03-21-2013, 04:14 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Wanted to share our early concept icon with you, guys and girls.

The icon has a quite interesting story.

Painted by Artsiom Hlushchenia, it was first posted to Dribbble, a site where graphic designers show up their work and measure who is the best among them.

The icon quickly has become the most popular post of the day on the site. However, soon there has began a flame, that its a way too sexist. Honestly, for me its hard to understand, how people, who post a complete naked nudity on the same site are completely without a sense of humor - they, designers and artists, surprisingly couldn't look at it as at just a humorous artwork.

Till the day of the post there was no even a rule that would explain a removal due censorship from Dribbble. So, as they could now remove it, they first excluded it from the rating. Then they developed the new rule to remove the pic completely.

That's partly a reason why we didn't post it to Apple, although, looking at some icons in the App Store, I bet we could pass it if we would cut nipples and some of the bottom part of from the concept

Personally I mean no harm to ladies.

However, gaming industry and others start suffering from such behavoir when people have no humor at all.

So, that how it might look like - I hope you like it and have enough humor not to find it in any way offensive and see just a nice art here:

Last edited by Happybyte; 03-21-2013 at 06:42 PM.. Reason: corrected the artist name
Old 03-21-2013, 04:26 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happybyte View Post

Painted by Artsion Hlushchenia, it was first posted to Dribbble, a site where graphic designers show up their work and measure who is the best among them.

The icon quickly has become the most popular post of the day on the site. However, soon there has began a flame, that its a way too sexist. Honestly, for me its hard to understand, how people, who post a complete naked nudity on the same site are completely without a sense of humor - they, designers and artists, surprisingly couldn't look at it as at just a humorous artwork.

Till the day of the post there was no even a rule that would explain a removal due censorship from Dribbble. So, as they could now remove it, they first excluded it from the rating. Then they developed the new rule to remove the pic completely.

That's partly a reason why we didn't post it to Apple, although, looking at some icons in the App Store, I bet we could pass it if we would cut nipples and some of the bottom part of from the concept

However, gaming industry and others start suffering from such behavoir when people have no humor at all.

So, that how it might look like - I hope you like it and have enough humor not to find it in any way offensive and see just a nice art here:

iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I can understand some people not liking it, but I think it makes a great icon. It look me a while to notice the spade though, very clever. I'd be happy to have this on my device
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happybyte View Post

Painted by Artsion Hlushchenia, it was first posted to Dribbble, a site where graphic designers show up their work and measure who is the best among them.

I love it.

It's genius..

It's beautiful...
Old 03-21-2013, 04:43 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I can understand some people not liking it, but I think it makes a great icon. It look me a while to notice the spade though, very clever. I'd be happy to have this on my device
Well, when the Artsiom first shown it to me it also took some time to notice the spade pattern - and once I got it - I was amazed
Old 03-21-2013, 04:47 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Yeah took me a while, I was focused on other things.

That's what is "genius" though.