★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Ark of the Ages, a console quality fully 3D action RPG, is available to download and play on iOS! Featuring a fun touchscreen-based battle system, an enchantment system using photos to power-up characters, and a companion system where strength is increased with the number of friends, the game is loaded with new and innovative features. Ark of the Ages has a deep gameplay sure to keep even the most demanding gamer coming back for more.
Challenge the Tower of Magic and claim the legacy of the Great Mage Sorienz!

Vovin's comments:



Bought! Damn, what a surprise!

Has this slipped through?



03-21-2013, 08:01 AM
#2
Wow awesome. XSEED has a pretty amazing track record, which I hope has carried over to mobile. (Still looking forward to Pandora's Tower coming to Wii soon).

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind

03-21-2013, 08:07 AM
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Wow awesome. XSEED has a pretty amazing track record, which I hope has carried over to mobile. (Still looking forward to Pandora's Tower coming to Wii soon).

Yeah, I am totally surprised that XSEED is now targeting the mobile device market.
I've read that they bring AotA for Android, but didn't expect it on iOS.

I just wonder how this is. But will test soon.
I've read that there are IAPs on Android, but more of the optional kind.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
03-21-2013, 08:09 AM
#4
Why is this strange spajdr guy always leaving 1-2 stars, rarely 3 stars on every game?
I doubt he tested it yet to some extend to have such an opinion.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
03-21-2013, 08:27 AM
#5
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 5,712
The video sold me. I'm downloading now. It'll be a little while, but I'll put down some impressions once I've played a bit.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
03-21-2013, 08:27 AM
#6
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Why is this strange spajdr guy always leaving 1-2 stars, rarely 3 stars on every game?
I doubt he tested it yet to some extend to have such an opinion.
Yeah i've noticed that a fair bit as well

If people play these games and then leave a low rating fair enough, just be bad if someone leaves a 1 star rating without even trying it

Last edited by psj3809; 03-21-2013 at 08:32 AM.
03-21-2013, 08:34 AM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Yeah i've noticed that a fair bit as well

Dunno if he knows this game from Android, but it happens in threads with new iOS-only releases as well. Sometimes directly after the thread was opened. If he doesn't like most games at all, why is he playing?
He even left only 1 star for Ridiculous Fishing.
I wonder if he rates from screenshots.
I just remember 2 very rare occassions, where he left 4 and 5 stars. 5 stars was for Block Fortress. He must have mis-clicked.

Anyway, with XSEED's arrival on iOS, we can expect some nice games here.
At least I hope so.
Let's hope for some Ys, Ragnarok, Wild Arms, Shadow Hearts, Unchained Blades... they have a huge catalogue of games.
I'd totally love The Last Story on my iPhone - XSEED and Mistwalker did a great job with that.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 03-21-2013 at 09:00 AM.
03-21-2013, 08:42 AM
#8
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 19,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Why is this strange spajdr guy always leaving 1-2 stars, rarely 3 stars on every game?
I doubt he tested it yet to some extend to have such an opinion.
Sae here. Noticed that a bit too. Maybe he's a dev trying to sabotage the competition? LOL
03-21-2013, 08:44 AM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Dunno if he knows this game from Android, but it happens in threads with new iOS-only releases as well. Sometimes directly after the thread was opened. If he doesn't like most games at all, why is he playing?
He even left only 1 star for Ridiculous Fishing.
I wonder if he rates from screenshots.

...
Funny you guys are talking about this. I noticed this quite a while ago, when I first joined. As the one-star ratings continued to pile up over time, I honestly ended up deciding it was some kind of weird TA bug...

DBC

I give up.
03-21-2013, 08:45 AM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
Funny you guys are talking about this. I noticed this quite a while ago, when I first joined. As the one-star ratings continued to pile up over time, I honestly ended up deciding it was some kind of weird TA bug...

DBC

Well, I noticed (again), but this time only minutes after I've opened this thread.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.