Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

View Poll Results: Which style do you choose?
Pixel Perfect 26 48.15%
Pixel Art 28 51.85%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-21-2013, 05:13 PM
Happybyte Happybyte is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 322
Default Upcoming flying/shooting game by Happymagenta: pixel-perfect or pixel-art, you choose

vs

Note: Pics are clickable to full size Retina screenshots.

Sharing your impressions with our Pilot's Path game you told us that you want a game with lot's of guns and shooting.

We already have a working concept of such a shooter game and now are about to finally choose the graphic style, which will also affect the gameplay.

We're choosing between "pixel perfect" and "pixel art" graphic styles and would like to hear which one you like the most.

The style that we call "pixel perfect" is the one we use in Pilot's Path, a bit close to real life then to pixels, although painted and optimized for retina.

"Pixel art" is with big pixels and is a bit more "old style" - if you vote for it, then the game will get an additional and cool option - a completely destructible 3D landscape.

With either style the flying will be in a 3D space too, like in Pilot's Path game, however, with "pixel perfect" it will be hard to make it fully destructible, so we are thinking if the fun of smashing the whole landscape with "pixel art" will overweight a more detailed pic.

So, vote and tell us which one is the instabuy and may be what else you'd like to see in such a game. As always with out games in this category it will be optimized for all devices. And will also have an option to use a second device as a remote controller + TV Out and AirPlay support.

Last edited by Happybyte; 03-23-2013 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: trying to fix the poll
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-21-2013, 05:16 PM
DannyTheElite DannyTheElite is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Area 51
Posts: 2,901
Default

Any release date?
I voted pixel art
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-21-2013, 05:18 PM
MidianGTX MidianGTX is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,772
Default

I voted pixel perfect. Other developers can do decent pixel art, but Pilot's Path and Video Poker are just stunningly beautiful, I wouldn't want to waste the chance to get another game with graphics of that quality.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-23-2013, 10:06 AM
Happybyte Happybyte is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 322
Default

Thanks for votes I hope more people will vote too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTheElite View Post
Any release date?
I hope around 3 months or so.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-23-2013, 11:48 AM
Drummerboycroy Drummerboycroy is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Maine!
Posts: 4,005
Default

Nooooooooooes!

I can't choose! They both look GREAT!

Is it possible to use the first (which I lean toward) and include the second as a "mode" or something?

DBC
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-25-2013, 09:44 AM
Happybyte Happybyte is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
I can't choose! They both look GREAT!
Thanks :-) That's why it's hard choosing between them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
Is it possible to use the first (which I lean toward) and include the second as a "mode" or something?
That's the idea that comes to our minds too.

We can make two game editions or two skins - however, in order to make it done we'll have to focus on one style first.

Tried to add a "use both styles" into the poll but it doesn't seem to be editable :-0 So, if you like both, then let us know - but also please vote for the style you'd like to see done first.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-25-2013, 09:56 AM
Drummerboycroy Drummerboycroy is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Maine!
Posts: 4,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happybyte View Post
Thanks :-) That's why it's hard choosing between them.



That's the idea that comes to our minds too.

We can make two game editions or two skins - however, in order to make it done we'll have to focus on one style first.

Tried to add a "use both styles" into the poll but it doesn't seem to be editable :-0 So, if you like both, then let us know - but also please vote for the style you'd like to see done first.
Could you just be less awesome at graphics? That would seriously expedite the process of choosing...

As much as I love the second, Imma vote for the first.

Edit: Pixel-art is winning, and I am totally cool with that!

DBC

Last edited by Drummerboycroy; 03-25-2013 at 09:57 AM.. Reason: Voted and saw results...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-25-2013, 10:33 AM
Doctor_G Doctor_G is offline
Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Singapore
Posts: 48
Default

Pixel Perfect please.

Your art style's pretty strong for a shmup.

Reminds me of a game I used to play on the SNES.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-25-2013, 11:12 AM
ironsam80 ironsam80 is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 820
Default

Pixel Art. It looks awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-26-2013, 03:13 PM
Happybyte Happybyte is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 322
Default

Thanks for votes and very motivating replies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
Could you just be less awesome at graphics? That would seriously expedite the process of choosing...
It's quite hard too, really. However, sometimes I'm getting much closer to your point. Without an irresistible run for perfection we probably would release things much faster.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent