• Publisher: 2K
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 119.5 MB
  • Version: 1.4
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Battle to Rule the Skies!

The skies over Europe are a dangerous place, where ace pilots lead their squadrons to glorious victory or crushing defeat! Take control of dozens of the most famous fighter planes of WWI and head into the dogfight. Roll, slip, and loop to get the drop on enemy aces. Upgrade your fighters over the course of your campaign and promote your best pilots so they learn new skills to give them an edge in battle. Can you change the tide of the war? Or will you go down in flames to an enemy ace?

Features:
Advance from Aviator to Ace in over 120 missions using 30 authentic aircraft
Earn promotions, equipment upgrades and advanced maneuvers like rolls, loops and slips
Unlock new Aces with special skill sets to expand your gameplay options
Tilt and motion camera controls offer an immersive 3D strategy experience
Single Player campaign & Multiplayer missions with leaderboards through Game Center

Sanuku's comments:

03-31-2013, 02:24 PM
I'm surprised this game seems to have slipped by unnoticed. It's fantastic; a ton of fun with nearly endless replayability.

03-31-2013, 03:49 PM
Looks like fun. Will be keeping an eye out for this
03-31-2013, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
I'm surprised this game seems to have slipped by unnoticed. It's fantastic; a ton of fun with nearly endless replayability.
Well, it's available only in Canada, which might explain why it's flown under the radar (so to speak). Does look cool, though.
03-31-2013, 04:38 PM
Wow... this game looks fantastic. Im not able to pull up the itunes app info in a browser though. Wonder why.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-31-2013, 04:47 PM
This looks to be heavily based on the flipbook game Ace of Aces. Very, very interested.
03-31-2013, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Wow... this game looks fantastic. Im not able to pull up the itunes app info in a browser though. Wonder why.
Maybe because, as square said, it's only in Canada at the moment? It's certainly a soft launch--the version is 0.1.0--but it's stable, well-balanced (five different difficulty settings sure help), and relatively bug-free. Could use a bit more documentation and improvement with the help system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
This looks to be heavily based on the flipbook game Ace of Aces. Very, very interested.
It reminded me of the same, although in this game the turns aren't simultaneous. Lots of tactical options, though, and your choices completely make the difference between victory and disaster.
03-31-2013, 06:55 PM
It's on the dutch appstore as well.

Some beavers are hiding, some beavers are invisible, some are moving and some are just plain elusive and then there are the 'Beavers in Disguise'.
03-31-2013, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Maybe because, as square said, it's only in Canada at the moment? It's certainly a soft launch--the version is 0.1.0--but it's stable, well-balanced (five different difficulty settings sure help), and relatively bug-free. Could use a bit more documentation and improvement with the help system.

It reminded me of the same, although in this game the turns aren't simultaneous. Lots of tactical options, though, and your choices completely make the difference between victory and disaster.
For some reason (maybe because of the cell-shade look) I am reminded of Valkyria Chronicles.
03-31-2013, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Nah... i still should be able to see the app description from the canada itunes on my internet browser, but cant.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword