Snow Siege by Milkbag Games

03-25-2013, 04:46 PM
#1
Snow Siege by Milkbag Games

http://toucharcade.com/2013/03/25/gd...tris/#comments

Made by the devs behind Trainyard and Finger Tied.

MADE THE FRONT PAGE ON TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin2898 View Post
True Words Spoken By The Great Crex.
03-25-2013, 07:27 PM
#2
Hi guys, I'm Owen Goss, working together with Matt Rix on Snow Siege. Thanks for starting this thread.

Just wanted to say how excited we are to be able to start showing you the game! If you have questions, I'll try to answer the ones I can.

Owen

03-25-2013, 08:13 PM
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTrain13 View Post
Hi guys, I'm Owen Goss, working together with Matt Rix on Snow Siege. Thanks for starting this thread.

Just wanted to say how excited we are to be able to start showing you the game! If you have questions, I'll try to answer the ones I can.

Owen
Ooh ooh pick me, pick me!

Is the main Play mode an endless onslaught, or does it end after a certain amount of levels?

MADE THE FRONT PAGE ON TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin2898 View Post
True Words Spoken By The Great Crex.
03-25-2013, 08:41 PM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Is the main Play mode an endless onslaught, or does it end after a certain amount of levels?
First off, I want to say that the game is still in a pre-alpha state, meaning the game design is still in flux, and anything I say could change completely before the game is done.

What you saw in the video is Snow Siege's main game mode, which is an endless mode. However, we are planning additional challenges that can be completed. But, I don't want to say too much more about that right now as we're still working on the details.

O.
03-25-2013, 09:10 PM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTrain13 View Post
First off, I want to say that the game is still in a pre-alpha state, meaning the game design is still in flux, and anything I say could change completely before the game is done.

What you saw in the video is Snow Siege's main game mode, which is an endless mode. However, we are planning additional challenges that can be completed. But, I don't want to say too much more about that right now as we're still working on the details.

O.
Thanks for the reply. You've already got yourself a customer right here. Best of luck on the project!

MADE THE FRONT PAGE ON TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin2898 View Post
True Words Spoken By The Great Crex.
03-25-2013, 09:48 PM
#6
This game looks incredible, I was honestly shocked when I heard in the video that it was early into development.

Oh, and I have one suggestion I would also love to see a version of "Foil" or "Holographic" cards boasting special abilities compared to their regular counterparts.

Games I've Beta tested
Add Me on Gamecenter: Fireball926
03-26-2013, 08:08 AM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thanks for the reply. You've already got yourself a customer right here. Best of luck on the project!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball926 View Post
This game looks incredible, I was honestly shocked when I heard in the video that it was early into development.
Thanks! We've been working on this concept for about two months, but like Matt said in the video, the game actually started as a basketball game a couple of months before that. So it has been evolving into this for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball926 View Post
Oh, and I have one suggestion I would also love to see a version of "Foil" or "Holographic" cards boasting special abilities compared to their regular counterparts.
Foil cards are something we've talked about, but haven't decided on yet. Both Matt and I have played physical CCGs quite a bit (Matt is a big fan of Magic, and I played an extensive amount of the Star Wars CCG back in the day), so we're looking to take some of our favourite things and incorporating them in the game, as long as they make sense for our game. We'll have to see.

We do have a plan for introducing some special cards that have to be earned in the game (that don't appear in booster packs)...but more on that later.

One of the things we're really focusing on is balancing the game so that lots of different deck strategies will be effective in different ways. We'd really like the game to allow for lots of creativity in terms of how you build your decks and what strategies you employ. For example, some people might want to focus on cannon turrets and shooting enemies, while others might want to build elaborate forts that are built to collapse and crush enemies. We're excited about the potential we're seeing with the decks already, and we still have lots to add.

O.
03-26-2013, 08:44 AM
#8
Will there be a way to trade specfic cards with friends or have you already ruled that idea out?
03-26-2013, 09:10 AM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball926 View Post
Will there be a way to trade specfic cards with friends or have you already ruled that idea out?
We haven't ruled it out yet, but it's not something we're sure we can do. We like the idea of allowing trading, but we need to investigate the technical implications of it.

O.
12-03-2013, 11:06 AM
#10
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,076
Is this coming anytime soon?

GC: Jerutix -- Love and Peace to all!