Support our Sponsors:

Old 03-26-2013, 03:07 AM
iPad 2, iOS 4.x

Default Stupid Apple Reviewers

I got my update rejected again. For they cannot find "restore previous purchase". The button is right beside the puchase one. They don't see it. And they don't even think why the same binary got approved last time. I said I updated the binary only to update the screenshots. (The policy is not supid, huh? Maybe someone would chage the tile to "Why criminals forced apple..." again, hun? And some Apple fans may jump out and say it's rare case again, huh?)

It's the third or forth time they reject my update for their stupidity. No contacting and comfirmation beforehand. Each time wastes me a week of "waiting for review". No dev support number I can call, have to appeal and wait their email. Not a single appologize for these many times. Always slow and arrogant responses.

Last edited by psj3809; 03-27-2013 at 04:03 AM.. Reason: Do not swear
Old 03-26-2013, 03:17 AM
iPad 2, iOS 4.x

They reject my app twice for not finding the IAPs, which will pop up by just finishing the first level, which takes exactly one minute.

Should I submit a not-to-make mistake list everytime? How can I cover all possible mistakes those idiots might make?
Old 03-26-2013, 04:18 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Default Quality Control

It seems they have been really 'strict' off late, we had 4 apps rejected in a row, and multiple times. The way we think about it in the office now is: apple reviewers = our QA team!
Old 03-26-2013, 08:43 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I've been there too. One of my apps got rejected twice for the Restore button. First time it wasn't there so fine I added one. Second time the button was there but they didn't see it so it got rejected again. I used the Resolution Center to explain how the app managed iaps with a screenshot and next day the app went from Rejected to Live.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:04 AM

when you submit a binary there is a form where you can enter information that helps the review guys find what they might look for.. i assume you left that blank.

if you hide your iap after your game (meaning they actually need to play your game) they might not find it..

iMing has a point.. they are partially your QA guys.. and QA guys need an introduction..

how do you expect them to check out hundred of apps on a daily base?

writing a few lines and describing your game and its topology can help.
Rejections based on implementing iOS related features is nothing new, so pointing the guys into the right direction helps you and them.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:25 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Don't fuss about it.
Follow the UI guide lines. Specifically they talk about things like iAP and the requirement for a restore button when you have non-consumable items and why you should add it. The reason is very valid.

Read all the documents that the developer area provides for you. They are there for a reason. If you don't follow the published rules then expect to get rejected. This restore button is not a hidden requirement.

About the iAP after a level completes, well that is sort of a hidden iAP and guess what there is a guide line about that. Testers do not hunt features. They test for compliance with guide lines. Think about that and use the optional information area of the app page to let them know how to find items that are not standard and WHY they are not standard.

If you want to work on a store that just accepts what ever you submit then I suggest you move to Google Play and Android.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:39 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Maybe it is my luck but I seem to have got one or more unusually difficult reviewers over the last 2 or 3 days. I get asked questions that are:
- Explained very clearly in the description (or even the title)
- Explain in the help/info menu
- Should be understood in the first 10 seconds of using the App
Old 03-26-2013, 09:30 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.Ugly View Post
when you submit a binary there is a form where you can enter information that helps the review guys find what they might look for.. i assume you left that blank.

if you hide your iap after your game (meaning they actually need to play your game) they might not find it..

iMing has a point.. they are partially your QA guys.. and QA guys need an introduction..

how do you expect them to check out hundred of apps on a daily base?

writing a few lines and describing your game and its topology can help.
Rejections based on implementing iOS related features is nothing new, so pointing the guys into the right direction helps you and them.
To be honest, if you have to write "The 'Restore Purchases' button is right next to the 'Purchase' button... exactly where you'd expect to find it" then your whole introduction is going to be longer than Wikipedia.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:30 PM

well it seems not everyone places stuff in close proximity

and if writing a little about your game so it has a smoother review is too much.. well go to a forum and write there. im sure that will be as helpfull.

point is everyone cooks their own topology and if you had to review who knows how much apps in a day im sure an error here and there is normal.

not sure what the fuss is about..

@arty: can you show some examples?

what would bother me more than a rejection is that they did not find the iap.

if a reviewer did not found the feature you implemented what do you think will happen if an ordinary customers gets to try your game.

*shrug*
Old 03-27-2013, 03:24 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
To be honest, if you have to write "The 'Restore Purchases' button is right next to the 'Purchase' button... exactly where you'd expect to find it" then your whole introduction is going to be longer than Wikipedia.
But his purhchase button wasn't easy to find either, they could only see it after finishing the first level