App description: You lead the way!
As Rally-Strategist you are responsible to lead the Volkswagen Polo R WRC through the 13 tracks of the World Rally Championship.

The principles underlying the game are a combination of an innovative racing game and trading cards, the "Pacenotes". In the game, a dynamic Birdseye view of the Polo R WRC is automatically driven through the game. In the role of the co-pilot, you can influence the speed and handling of "your" Polo R WRC by the choice of specially selected trading cards. For instance, appropriate trading cards must be played at each of a series of "checkpoints" to enable the rally car to complete the course strategically and as quickly as possible and gain access to higher levels and the 13 rally nations.

D3adly's comments:

03-26-2013, 06:02 PM
Downloading now, description says your the co pilot and you collect cards to influence the car! Sounds good to me.
Impressions in a bit.

Edit: oh and it's a free app, must be some sponsorship advert or something.

03-26-2013, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Downloading now, description says your the co pilot and you collect cards to influence the car! Sounds good to me.
Impressions in a bit.

Edit: oh and it's a free app, must be some sponsorship advert or something.
I can found post of you in all racer games! You are a big fan of them!
03-26-2013, 06:19 PM
Hmmm well I've only played the tutorial and the first three races (if you can call them that)
It seems more like a music rhythm game than a rally game, it plays very similar to "Russian dancing men" only without the cool music.
There are four buttons in the corners of the screen and when your car (which drives by itself) comes to a checkpoint that's marked on the road you have to press the button that matches the pace notes along the top of the screen.
Usually I like driving games and especially rally games but I'm finding this pretty boring, it says there's loads of cards to unlock but I can't see it making the game any more exciting. Guess I now know why it's free
03-26-2013, 06:34 PM
No license

If these guys actually have the FIA WRC license to use the car livery shown in the preview, then I'm Santa Claus. The FIA sells exclusive licenses and (unfortunately) Mile Stone S.R.L. holds the WRC's right now. They are making weak to rubbish rally sport games with it, but at least they paid for it.

That in itself is a red flag for me.
03-26-2013, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werechihuahua View Post
If these guys actually have the FIA WRC license to use the car livery shown in the preview, then I'm Santa Claus. The FIA sells exclusive licenses and (unfortunately) Mile Stone S.R.L. holds the WRC's right now. They are making weak to rubbish rally sport games with it, but at least they paid for it.

That in itself is a red flag for me.
Pretty sure it's legit as it links you to this website.
https://www.rallytheworld.com/polo-r-wrc-cockpit
Don't think it's some unofficial thing. Just not a great game,
03-26-2013, 08:40 PM
Right you are sir, I stand corrected.