Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 09:24 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Injustice: Gods Among Us for mobile confirmed by Warner Bros.

Joystiq has reported that a mobile version of Injustice: Gods Among Us has been confirmed at GDC 2013.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/26/in...vealed-at-gdc/

Quote:
A mobile version of Injustice: Gods Among Us is in the works. Although details weren't provided during a GDC showing of the console game, a Warner Bros. representative tells us we should learn more shortly.
It is noted that the paragraph was edited. This is the original paragraph.

Quote:
During today’s presentation of Injustice: Gods Among Us for consoles at GDC 2013, the representative mentioned the mobile version of the game. Although details weren’t provided at this time, a Warner representative tells us we should learn more details very shortly.
However, I spotted the possibility of a mobile version of Injustice: Gods Among Us before that. Let's take a look at the following evidences (which were posted by me on the XCOM: Enemy Unknown's thread). We also can see a mobile version of the next Batman Arkham as well!

- Firstly, please read this resume. It is the resume of an 3D artist who is working for NetherRealm Studios.

Quote:
Associate Artist
NetherRealm Studios

Chicago, IL
Aug 2012 - Feb 2013

Worked on the "Injustice: Gods Among Us" console game. Responsible for creating assets and environment scenes for cinematic purposes. Also worked on two unannounced iOS games and one android game. Responsible for reducing and creating low poly assets as well as fixing LightMap uv's for efficiency. www.netherrealm.com
--> This means that NetherRealm Studios is developing two unannounced iOS games. The artist, who worked on Injustice: Gods Among Us, also worked on these iOS games. As such, one of these iOS games must be an Injustice: Gods Among Us-related game. Next, he is responsible for "reducing and creating low poly assets as well as fixing LightMap uv's for efficiency". As such, it must be a port of Injustice: Gods Among Us.

- Secondly, please read this resume. It is the resume of another 3D artist who is working for NetherRealm Studios.

Quote:
Unannounced Mobile Project
2012 – Present
  • Converted multiple environments from console to mobile in UDK
  • Consolidated and optimized meshes and textures to improve performance
  • Rebuilt advanced material networks from UDK to Photoshop to work in mobile
--> He "converted multiple environments from console to mobile in UDK". As we know, NetherRealm Studios is working on Injustice: Gods Among Us and the next game in Batman Arkham series. As such, it must be a port of Injustice: Gods Among Us, or a port of the next Batman Arkham. However, in view of the fact that Batman: Arkham City Lockdown on iOS was only a spin-off of Batman: Arkham City, not a port, the iOS game based on the next Batman Arkham game must also be a spin-off, not a port.

- Finally, please read this resume. It is the resume of a designer who is working for NetherRealm Studios.

Sorry, it has been deleted. However, he says that one of NetherRealm's mobile titles features "runner-style minigames" supplementing some form of campaign mode. So, it must be a spin-off of the next Batman Arkham game, because both Injustice: Gods Among Us and the next Batman Arkham game will never have minigames like that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: More details about Injustice: Gods Among Us for mobile - as reported by Digital Spy

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/n...announced.html

Quote:
Injustice: Gods Among Us will receive a port for mobile devices, NetherRealm Studios has announced.

Speaking with Digital Spy at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, NetherRealm representatives revealed the mobile game with a brief demonstration.

The mobile game will be different from the console version, though a Warner Bros Interactive representative has asked details to be withheld until closer to launch.

One detail that can be revealed is that the mobile game will connect with Injustice: Gods Among Us on consoles, allowing users to earn achievements in both games that unlock six character skins in the other version.

The mobile game is being developed at NetherRealm Studios along with the console versions by the same team that developed Batman: Arkham City Lockdown for mobile devices.

No release date has been set for the new title, which will be available on iOS and Android devices.
So it is a port, not a spin-off. However, it is not a straight port!

Last edited by clever_bug; 03-26-2013 at 11:37 PM..
Old 03-26-2013, 10:02 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

^^^ HAAHA! You can officially say I told you so!
Great call mate.

Good timing as well because I emailed Nether Realm today to request iCade support for this and for it to be forwarded to WB Interactive. See how we go.

For anyone who just refuses to think about positives in FTP models there is not much to get excited about here. On the formation of the Warner Bros Interactive studio they stated that they are concentrating on FTP mobile.

I for one am amped!!!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:31 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Deputy View Post
^^^ HAAHA! You can officially say I told you so!
Great call mate.

Good timing as well because I emailed Nether Realm today to request iCade support for this and for it to be forwarded to WB Interactive. See how we go.

For anyone who just refuses to think about positives in FTP models there is not much to get excited about here. On the formation of the Warner Bros Interactive studio they stated that they are concentrating on FTP mobile.

I for one am amped!!!
The representative of Warner Bros. said we should learn more shortly. As such, they may officially announce the game at E3 2013 in June, I think.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:40 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by clever_bug View Post
The representative of Warner Bros. said we should learn more shortly. As such, they may officially announce the game at E3 2013 in June, I think.
Indeed, they may!
I'll keep this thread in mind but for now Im going to focus on XCOM.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:41 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Slightly egotistical, but good call nonetheless. I wasn't sure you'd be right this time.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:54 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Slightly egotistical, but good call nonetheless. I wasn't sure you'd be right this time.
I am even not sure! However, an Injustice: Gods Among Us-related game is coming to iOS, it is the truth and has been officially confirmed. Whatever it is, a port or just a spin-off, is not important, I think!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:17 PM

It's just going to be another infinity blade style game I bet... Just like the batman one...
Old 03-26-2013, 11:26 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

UPDATE: More details about Injustice: Gods Among Us for mobile - as reported by Digital Spy

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/n...announced.html

Quote:
Injustice: Gods Among Us will receive a port for mobile devices, NetherRealm Studios has announced.

Speaking with Digital Spy at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, NetherRealm representatives revealed the mobile game with a brief demonstration.

The mobile game will be different from the console version, though a Warner Bros Interactive representative has asked details to be withheld until closer to launch.

One detail that can be revealed is that the mobile game will connect with Injustice: Gods Among Us on consoles, allowing users to earn achievements in both games that unlock six character skins in the other version.

The mobile game is being developed at NetherRealm Studios along with the console versions by the same team that developed Batman: Arkham City Lockdown for mobile devices.

No release date has been set for the new title, which will be available on iOS and Android devices.
So it is a port, not a spin-off. However, it is not a straight port!

Last edited by clever_bug; 03-27-2013 at 04:33 AM..
Old 03-27-2013, 02:23 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Fact is, we need some more DC characters on iOS.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:03 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by handintoaster View Post
It's just going to be another infinity blade style game I bet... Just like the batman one...
Batman: Arkham City is a 3D action / adventure game which is quite difficult to port to iOS, so they made a spin-off and Infinity Blade style was a perfect choice, I think. However, Injustice: Gods Among Us on console is a fighting game. We have a lot of fighting games on iOS. So I hope the iOS version is also a fighting game like the console version or Mortal Kombat.

Closed Thread