The House of the Dead Overkill: The Lost Reels (by Sega)

03-27-2013, 03:20 AM
The House of the Dead Overkill: The Lost Reels (by Sega)

The House of the Dead: Overkill - the popular on-rails zombie shooter of Sega - is coming soon to iOS & Android under the name of The House of the Dead Overkill: The Lost Reels. Sega has officially confirmed it at GDC 2013, as reported by Games Radar.

http://www.gamesradar.com/house-dead...ng-iosandroid/

Quote:
At a press event at GDC, Sega revealed House of the Dead Overkill: The Lost Reels, a mobile version of its popular light-gun shooter franchise. As you can see from the screens above, it maintains the grindhouse aesthetic of the Wii and PS3 version, with grainy visuals that give the game a look of an old horror movie.

While its not a straight port, The Lost Reels is a remix of sorts of the original games, repurposing levels and characters for the mobile version. Strangely, the ability to tap to shoot--which we thought would be default--is actually unlockable after beating the game. Before that you'll need to rely on accelerometer or a virtual joystick.

No price or date was given (besides "it won't be free), but we expect to hear more soon.
Official screenshots:

Gameplay video:

Official release date: Q2 2013 (April 2013).

Last edited by clever_bug; 03-27-2013 at 10:53 AM.
03-27-2013, 03:39 AM
Fantastic. House of the Dead always seemed perfect for touchscreen devices. Don't mind that tap-to-shoot isn't default and it's awesome that it'll be unlockable.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

03-27-2013, 03:55 AM
Wow.. not tapping to shoot? I guess the idea against this was that it's harder this way. If you can beat the game using an accel or a joystick then tapping to shoot should make the game a breeze.

Btw, were the graphics always like that? They look kind of.. terrible.
03-27-2013, 03:56 AM
Boobies! You're on the right track SEGA!

Waiting for: ZOMBOX!!!Forgotten Memories, Diesel Tactics, The Wild.
03-27-2013, 03:58 AM
ohhh..house of the dead, really loved this game especially in the arcade..btw the poster girl in the first pic, i will gladly tap dat! LOL
03-27-2013, 04:00 AM
Great news !

I quite like the graphic style, seems a bit Borderlands/comic style

Looking forward to this one
03-27-2013, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapel07 View Post
ohhh..house of the dead, really loved this game especially in the arcade..btw the poster girl in the first pic, i will gladly tap dat! LOL
It is not a girl... it is a zombie! I am sure that you will pay a lot if you tap it in real life (if zombies are real!).
03-27-2013, 06:10 AM
I hope that zombie is in the game
03-27-2013, 11:17 AM
Is that zombie girl snooki from the jersey shore?
03-27-2013, 11:27 AM
Looks awesome, lets hope SEGA wont ruin it with IAP's

GameCenter : Shero89