Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-27-2013, 04:19 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Default Dead Squared by End Boss Games

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by crex; 03-27-2013 at 05:51 PM..
Old 03-27-2013, 04:59 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen)

Thanks for making the post , but that is the wrong video. However that game does look pretty cool too

If anyone has questions, I'll be here. Oh yea, thanks TA crew! It's really cool to finally see them in person.

thanks!

Last edited by tofusoup; 03-27-2013 at 05:05 PM..
Old 03-27-2013, 05:22 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofusoup View Post
thanks for making the post , but that is the wrong video.

Thanks!
doh!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 05:50 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
Thanks for making the post , but that is the wrong video. However that game does look pretty cool too

If anyone has questions, I'll be here. Oh yea, thanks TA crew! It's really cool to finally see them in person.

thanks!
DARN IT! Sorry about that, I'm on it!

EDIT: Alright fixed it. And it does look great!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:10 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I'm looking forward to Dead Squared; glad to see End Boss Games still in the running. Chicken Escape is a gem. How is progress on Dead Squared?
Old 04-08-2013, 03:14 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen)

@undeadcow

Thanks! Struggling indie but still hanging on . We just added Dead Squared on indieDB

http://www.indiedb.com/games/dead-squared

We will be focusing a bit on Web/PC builds. Anyone can play our current build that we showed at GDC here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16491721/zdk/zFPS.html

We are reworking how the rooms load. Once that's working better we will focus again on enemies, loot drops and crafting.

Our goal is to focus on PC build, and port it over to iOS. Since we are using Unity, it should be fairly easy.

I'll make another post when we have something worth checking out .
Old 04-08-2013, 03:28 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I'd just like to say that the concept looks very promising. Best of luck with the game! Definitely keeping an eye on this title.

Suggestion: how about instead of forcing all players to just have control over the X axis, you put an option to enable/disable Y axis control in the menu under settings? Have it on by default, but advanced players and those who want more control/have mastered touch controls can flip it off. IMO giving a player more options is never a bad thing.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:24 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen)

@JBRUU

It's totally possible. I'll put it on the list. We started out with free look/aim, but since removing it we also added some additional support to the no pitch setup...mostly auto aim pitch.

We are moving to a projectile based shooting system. So every bullet is a physical object. That's what we will test next once we sort out the rooms.

In terms of RPG elements of shooting, it will match up with Borderlands. As we already have some visual damage popping off of the enemies. I'm a big fan of Borderlands.

The reticule/cross hair doesn't really do a good job yet, but we will also have recoil affect gun accuracy and damage. So rapid firing will cause the weapon to be less accurate and less damage.

I also mentioned in the video we will have a decent range of weapons, from modern to sci-fi. We have a bunch of art done, but not implemented . The more rare weapons will have to be crafted. Player will find schematics from monsters. The quality of the weapon is based on player level, and current game session. So the further you get in the current play through the greater odds of finding something really cool. But your player level will determine the type of weapon that is dropped. So hopefully this will have a good ramp up into the better weapons as you level up.

Lastly , this game will have some form of permadeath. I'm not exactly sure how to handle that yet. But it won't be as harsh. Meaning you get to keep your levels, but whatever you had in your inventory is gone for that session. There will be lock boxes to store inventory though. You will most likely keep what is equipped. We also thought about some way to recover your corpse, by randomly placing it in a room when you replay.

Ok that's enough ranting for now .
Old 04-08-2013, 04:35 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
@JBRUU

It's totally possible. I'll put it on the list. We started out with free look/aim, but since removing it we also added some additional support to the no pitch setup...mostly auto aim pitch.

We are moving to a projectile based shooting system. So every bullet is a physical object. That's what we will test next once we sort out the rooms.

In terms of RPG elements of shooting, it will match up with Borderlands. As we already have some visual damage popping off of the enemies. I'm a big fan of Borderlands.

The reticule/cross hair doesn't really do a good job yet, but we will also have recoil affect gun accuracy and damage. So rapid firing will cause the weapon to be less accurate and less damage.

I also mentioned in the video we will have a decent range of weapons, from modern to sci-fi. We have a bunch of art done, but not implemented . The more rare weapons will have to be crafted. Player will find schematics from monsters. The quality of the weapon is based on player level, and current game session. So the further you get in the current play through the greater odds of finding something really cool. But your player level will determine the type of weapon that is dropped. So hopefully this will have a good ramp up into the better weapons as you level up.

Lastly , this game will have some form of permadeath. I'm not exactly sure how to handle that yet. But it won't be as harsh. Meaning you get to keep your levels, but whatever you had in your inventory is gone for that session. There will be lock boxes to store inventory though. You will most likely keep what is equipped. We also thought about some way to recover your corpse, by randomly placing it in a room when you replay.

Ok that's enough ranting for now .
That's not ranting...I found it all very interesting. Looking forward to it even more! Glad you're taking my suggestion under consideration.

Is most of the game going to be the Doom style underground/indoor levels or will there also be outdoor areas?
Old 04-09-2013, 11:48 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen)

Quote:
Is most of the game going to be the Doom style underground/indoor levels or will there also be outdoor areas?
It will all be underground inside the facility where the fiction takes place. I intended to be like zelda dungeons. A good example are some current roguelike games...like Binding of Isaac, where you go from room to room. We are basing it off those type of games, but putting the player in a FPS perspective.

Quote:
Glad you're taking my suggestion under consideration.
Yea for sure. I think one of the things we are doing differently is just trying to get exposure out earlier. Way earlier in this case. Also by releasing builds along the way we can get more feedback from the players to make changes accordingly when we feel it's a good fit.