Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-27-2013, 10:06 PM

Default Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold – Episode 1 - (by Replay Games, Inc.)[Universal]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Sanuku; 03-28-2013 at 07:45 AM..
Old 03-27-2013, 10:14 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Hmm, I wonder what the impressions on this will be. Anyone try this yet?
Old 03-27-2013, 10:16 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Well, this was unexpected. Sounds like a lot of fun, though I wonder how long it is. But yeah, the price, I know..
Old 03-27-2013, 10:17 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

MetalCasket did and loved it, for what it's worth.

From the iPad thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
It's already in the Lebanese store, so it should probably be out in the States at the same time as the rest of tonight's releases.

Frickin' amazing game. Wow! Truly feels like the first time I played Monkey Island and Simon the Sorcerer.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:19 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

It looks likes Gold Rush from Sierra! Back in the 80s, I remember begging my parents to call long distance to California from NY just so I could get hints. Hopefully this game will be great! Will be cheapest I-week for me ever unless 'Splosion Man comes out...
Old 03-27-2013, 10:20 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
MetalCasket did and loved it, for what it's worth.

From the iPad thread:
I really wish that we could have a thread spread into both sections. Is there any way to do that?

And I'm in, that's good enough for me. Anything like SOMI is enough praise for me
Old 03-27-2013, 11:04 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

This is the real deal guys! Proper 100% nailed the old skool Lucasarts vibe!

I'm not that far in yet but can tell this is not going to disappoint. Just wanted to jump in here and say how great this is and how exciting it is to find!

Writing so far is top notch had me laughing loud a few times already and it's tone and humour is spot on. No spoilers here but really this type of game makes me feel like I'm 16 again! (And I'm 37 now). Memories of exploring Monkey Island big time! The art is lovely, there's no hand-holding like you get in most of today's point and click releases. There are loads of scenes to go between even at the start so the puzzles and items are nicely spaced out, and not laid down for you like chicken feed leading you to an answer, so this nails that aspect too (can only imagine it branches out even more later).

Really nice surprise. Will be playing this as much as I can this long weekend whilst watching my missus play Bioshock Inifinite, so that was good timing!

This is so obviously a labour of love and tribute to 90's classics... I hope they are financially successful but I fear that day has passed. Anyway if you are reading this you should buy it... It is what you are expecting!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:57 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
This is the real deal guys! Proper 100% nailed the old skool Lucasarts vibe!

I'm not that far in yet but can tell this is not going to disappoint. Just wanted to jump in here and say how great this is and how exciting it is to find!

Writing so far is top notch had me laughing loud a few times already and it's tone and humour is spot on. No spoilers here but really this type of game makes me feel like I'm 16 again! (And I'm 37 now). Memories of exploring Monkey Island big time! The art is lovely, there's no hand-holding like you get in most of today's point and click releases. There are loads of scenes to go between even at the start so the puzzles and items are nicely spaced out, and not laid down for you like chicken feed leading you to an answer, so this nails that aspect too (can only imagine it branches out even more later).

Really nice surprise. Will be playing this as much as I can this long weekend whilst watching my missus play Bioshock Inifinite, so that was good timing!
U
This is so obviously a labour of love and tribute to 90's classics... I hope they are financially successful but I fear that day has passed. Anyway if you are reading this you should buy it... It is what you are expecting!
This pretty much covers my impressions as well. Only thing I can't speak for yet is the overall quality of the puzzles, because I'm also not that far in, but as far as feel goes this nails it. Just one glaring issue: it's only 99c.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:04 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Gabrien seal of approval? Lol
Old 03-28-2013, 12:18 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Looks like a monkey island western... Downloading...

Hopefully it's as good too