★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: One of the more substantial under-the-radar releases -Toucharcade

Fester Mudd is a breezy little slice of point-and-click fun. The retro aesthetic will please Monkey
Island fans, but great writing and clever, logical puzzles mean that anyone can enjoy this game. -
Pocketgamer.com Silver Award 8 out of 10 -Pocket Gamer

A fantastic tribute to adventure games from ages ago. Toucharcade

Invoking classic adventure games of old, Fester Mudd is both a homage to those greats and its own
master in demonstrating what's so memorable about the genre. -148Apps 4 out of 5

It has a great soundtrack, very funny dialogs and everything else that makes an adventure game great.
-IGN

Set in the Wild West, FESTER MUDD: CURSE OF THE GOLD is a three-part comic saga of exploration, reunion, and redemption...and a love letter to the classic adventure games of the 90s!

Roused from a life of sloth to reunite with his long-lost brother in search of unimaginable riches, reluctant hero Fester Mudd somehow manages to be intrepid but cowardly, ambitious yet lazy, dimwitted but brilliant.

In Episode 1, Fester hits the trail to join his brother, Bud, in the downtrodden town of Loamsmouth. But when Bud is found to have mysteriously vanished, Fester realizes that the journey will be far longer and more treacherous than he bargained for...and he must enlist the aid of an experienced gunslinger to help him make his way through Indian territory to track down both his missing brother and the gold that awaits them both!

But gunslingers don't come cheap...and Fester must find a way to convince him to join him on the perilous quest.

This Episode sees Fester exploring Loamsmouth and surrounding territories. Along the way, he'll meet and deal with an assortment of Old West roughnecks, flim-flammers, and other larger-than-life characters...and give adventure game fans a huge blast from the past!

* Universal build with iCloud saving!
* Lush graphics and vivid sound effects that bring the Old West to life!
* Classic adventuring interface allowing for sophisticated interactions!
* Branching dialogues!
* Dozens of classic inventory-style puzzles!
* Overhead map for quick travel between regions!
* An original soundtrack that perfectly evokes the era of Old West and Old School Adventure Games!
* Cliffhanger ending that teases the next game in the series!
* Countless jokes, gags, and tips-of-the-hat to the golden-age adventures of Sierra and LucasArts!

*Sierra Online is a Trademark of Activision Blizzard Entertainment and LucasArts is a Trademark of Disney Inc.

Sanuku's comments:

03-27-2013, 10:14 PM
Hmm, I wonder what the impressions on this will be. Anyone try this yet?

GC: andsoitgoes
MP Games: Waterdeep

03-27-2013, 10:16 PM
Well, this was unexpected. Sounds like a lot of fun, though I wonder how long it is. But yeah, the price, I know..
03-27-2013, 10:17 PM
MetalCasket did and loved it, for what it's worth.

From the iPad thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
It's already in the Lebanese store, so it should probably be out in the States at the same time as the rest of tonight's releases.

Frickin' amazing game. Wow! Truly feels like the first time I played Monkey Island and Simon the Sorcerer.
03-27-2013, 10:19 PM
It looks likes Gold Rush from Sierra! Back in the 80s, I remember begging my parents to call long distance to California from NY just so I could get hints. Hopefully this game will be great! Will be cheapest I-week for me ever unless 'Splosion Man comes out...

175,000+ Game Center Achievement points
Add me on Game Center-Send a pm.
Tim Cook rocks.
03-27-2013, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
MetalCasket did and loved it, for what it's worth.

From the iPad thread:
I really wish that we could have a thread spread into both sections. Is there any way to do that?

And I'm in, that's good enough for me. Anything like SOMI is enough praise for me

GC: andsoitgoes
MP Games: Waterdeep
03-27-2013, 11:04 PM
This is the real deal guys! Proper 100% nailed the old skool Lucasarts vibe!

I'm not that far in yet but can tell this is not going to disappoint. Just wanted to jump in here and say how great this is and how exciting it is to find!

Writing so far is top notch had me laughing loud a few times already and it's tone and humour is spot on. No spoilers here but really this type of game makes me feel like I'm 16 again! (And I'm 37 now). Memories of exploring Monkey Island big time! The art is lovely, there's no hand-holding like you get in most of today's point and click releases. There are loads of scenes to go between even at the start so the puzzles and items are nicely spaced out, and not laid down for you like chicken feed leading you to an answer, so this nails that aspect too (can only imagine it branches out even more later).

Really nice surprise. Will be playing this as much as I can this long weekend whilst watching my missus play Bioshock Inifinite, so that was good timing!

This is so obviously a labour of love and tribute to 90's classics... I hope they are financially successful but I fear that day has passed. Anyway if you are reading this you should buy it... It is what you are expecting!
03-27-2013, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
This is the real deal guys! Proper 100% nailed the old skool Lucasarts vibe!

I'm not that far in yet but can tell this is not going to disappoint. Just wanted to jump in here and say how great this is and how exciting it is to find!

Writing so far is top notch had me laughing loud a few times already and it's tone and humour is spot on. No spoilers here but really this type of game makes me feel like I'm 16 again! (And I'm 37 now). Memories of exploring Monkey Island big time! The art is lovely, there's no hand-holding like you get in most of today's point and click releases. There are loads of scenes to go between even at the start so the puzzles and items are nicely spaced out, and not laid down for you like chicken feed leading you to an answer, so this nails that aspect too (can only imagine it branches out even more later).

Really nice surprise. Will be playing this as much as I can this long weekend whilst watching my missus play Bioshock Inifinite, so that was good timing!
U
This is so obviously a labour of love and tribute to 90's classics... I hope they are financially successful but I fear that day has passed. Anyway if you are reading this you should buy it... It is what you are expecting!
This pretty much covers my impressions as well. Only thing I can't speak for yet is the overall quality of the puzzles, because I'm also not that far in, but as far as feel goes this nails it. Just one glaring issue: it's only 99c.
03-28-2013, 12:04 AM
Gabrien seal of approval? Lol
03-28-2013, 12:18 AM
Looks like a monkey island western... Downloading...

Hopefully it's as good too