★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Special discounted price for a limited time!

Steampunk is one of those genres that we just don't see enough of. And with Edge of Twilight - Athyr Above, developer FUZZYEYES brings the genre to iOS.

During a time when night and day exist as two separate but parallel realms, Athyr Above, the newest edition to the Edge of Twilight Series brings one mans journey to halt the genocide of his civilization in a post-apocalyptic fantasy. Lex, an outcast bounty hunter, with the unique ability to venture through the two parallel realms, will become part of an increasingly complex and enthralling clash between the two opposite civilizations, the Atherns and the Litherns in a battle for a precious source of energy.

With the latest release update for iOS, the 3rd person action - adventure game includes a dynamic battle system, a customizable skill system and exciting RPG elements.

- Features -

DYNAMIC BATTLE SYSTEM
- Gentle learning curve
- Steep mastery curve
- V-Pad control

BATTLE IN TWO SEPARATE WORLDS
- Solve puzzles and battle opponents
- Switch between the World of Night and the World of Day
- Day Lex: Cut, shoot, and burn your way through your enemies
- Night Lex: Mold portals of Ether into which you throw your opponents

RPG ELEMENTS
- Collect Ether from fallen enemies
- Choose which abilities to improve on

TouchArcade Bot's comments:

03-27-2013, 11:41 PM
Hmmmm, anyone seen this yet? Bought this yet? Played this yet?

Looks nice, but not sure I wanna drop the coin with all the great stuff that's dropped this week :P

03-27-2013, 11:56 PM
My biggest Problem with Fuzzyeyes Entertainment is that their latest Game was just bad...

...and by saying that I`m very, very friendly to them. Guess I`ll just jump in and buy Edge of Twilight - Athyr Above just so I know if they did increase their Quality or things went worse.

Expect the usual after the Breakfast
03-28-2013, 12:19 AM
Yeah... Their first game was a runner which wasnt really good, and it was iphone only.

Maybe this one is better? Cant wait to watch your video Sanuku.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-28-2013, 12:22 AM
I was wondering where there was no thread for this. I haven't bought it, but when it popped up, I was so tempted, previous game notwithstanding. I want this to be a good game, but that runner..
03-28-2013, 05:02 AM
Your impressions, lords and ladies?

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
03-28-2013, 05:40 AM
Game Impressions

Gameplay Trailer added...

Last edited by Sanuku; 03-28-2013 at 05:44 AM.
03-28-2013, 08:19 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro
The cutscenes look great and the story and concept are interesting. But I'm not sure about the combat and rpg system.
03-28-2013, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iVaro View Post
The cutscenes look great and the story and concept are interesting. But I'm not sure about the combat and rpg system.
Same here... And i literally went WTF when i saw those targetting rings/gears. Are those necessary?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-28-2013, 09:30 AM
This looks dull and uninspiring.Any impressions?

Anticipating:"Death Road to Canada", "Implosion", "Don Paccin","Space Noir", "Zed", "Rex Rocket", "Supermassive", "Sproggiwood", "Arecibo Man", "Gekido", "Trail by Viking, "Crashlands", "Eisenhorn", "The Soul".