App description: Battle Dungeon: Risen is an exciting turn-based tactical strategy game exclusively for the iPhone, iPad and iPod. Fight through 12 exciting and challenging scenarios. Train and equip warriors, archers and clerics and send them forth to defeat your enemies across multiple dungeons. As you fight for victory you'll collect valuable experience and powerful items that will aid you in future battles.

Features:
Fight epic battles against multiple types of foe.
Stunning high definition 3D graphics.
Increase your soldiers skills with experience earned from battles.
Design custom parties that match your style of play.
Battle through 12 challenging scenarios.
Improve your soldiers with over a hundred items.
3 classes, 9 sub-classes and 18 unique abilities.
Hire up to 30 soldiers to be ready for any challenge.
Game Center leaderboard and achievements.

Find us on Facebook - facebook.com/battledungeon
Follow us on Twitter - @BattleDungeon
Game Forum - forums.huntedcow.com/battledungeon

Thank you for supporting our games!

2013 Hunted Cow Studios Ltd.

Sanuku's comments:

03-28-2013, 11:41 PM
I played a beta of Battle Dungeon: Risen and it's a lot of fun. You can customize your team however you see fit between various classes and equipment then decide what party composition to use (using fewer members offers more reward). There is a good amount of variety in class sub-categories. The level designs can be detailed; for example, in one level while trying to exit you get ambushed from the other side. Often I was left with the satisfaction of a grueling turn based standoff through several of the levels. Each of the levels is a standalone scenario so there's no cohesive plot but your carry over and develop your team across scenarios. After completing a level you get a 1-3 star rating; and really have to work to get above one star (which helps replayability). BD:R is easily worth the eventual $2.99 asking price especially for turn based strategy fans.

Last edited by undeadcow; 03-28-2013 at 11:52 PM.

03-28-2013, 11:50 PM
Amazing! Instabuy! I love HCS!!
03-29-2013, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
I played a beta of Battle Dungeon: Risen and it's a lot of fun. You can customize your team however you see fit between various classes and equipment then decide what party composition to use (using fewer members offers more reward). There is a good amount of variety in class sub-categories. The level designs can be detailed; for example, in one level while trying to exit you get ambushed from the other side. Often I was left with the satisfaction of a grueling turn based standoff through several of the levels. Each of the levels is a standalone scenario so there's no cohesive plot but your carry over and develop your team across scenarios. After completing a level you get a 1-3 star rating; and really have to work to get above one star (which helps replayability). BD:R is easily worth the eventual $2.99 asking price especially for turn based strategy fans.
Are the 12 scenarios staffed with fixed or random enemies? Or is it the same game every time for grinding?
03-29-2013, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
Are the 12 scenarios staffed with fixed or random enemies? Or is it the same game every time for grinding?
From what I can tell, they seem to to be fixed.
03-29-2013, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocketnova View Post
From what I can tell, they seem to to be fixed.
I had not played the original release before, so I am unfamiliar with that bug.

Does this new release have random enemies in each scenario or is it the same enemies that I would have to grind through to increase stats?
03-29-2013, 02:41 AM
Quote:

Does this new release have random enemies in each scenario or is it the same enemies that I would have to grind through to increase stats?
Sorry, I phrased my other post wrong, I meant that the enamys are in the same spot each time. Sorry for the misunderstanding!
03-29-2013, 03:57 AM
Quote:

The enemies are pre-determined, not random. You should not need to do a lot of grinding though. You might need to play a couple of scenarios twice if you happen to do particularly well.

Also, don't think that means that the game is short there's hours of game play in there (I know from doing multiple play throughs of it, that it's 2 days of solid play even for someone who knows the game very well).
03-29-2013, 07:02 AM
Is the game good?

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
03-29-2013, 07:25 AM
I really like it so far and the only thing I'm missing so far would be a Story Plot and a 360 Camera. Besides that I`m sure going to play through it later this upcoming Weekend.

Sidenote:

HD Gameplay Trailer added.

Last edited by Sanuku; 03-29-2013 at 07:27 AM.